Chapter 8 | Bran 2

(A/N) Long chapter up ahead.

Previously:
He pointed at the second door we passed. "You can sleep in this room mi'Lady, the little Lord sleeps in the next." He said and brings me to the bed and leaves quietly nodding his head in respect. I haven't slept in a bed for about a year now so I know I'll sleep like a bear.

I feel my eyes droop and just as I was about to fall asleep I heard the door creak open.

▪▪▪▪▪

I immediately reach for the knife strapped to my immobile left leg. And watch the opening door.

Someone creeps through it and gently closes it. If they want to kill me, they don't want anyone knowing of it.

But then... They turn on one of the oil lamps they have given us. The light brightens up the room, but is right in front of their face, making it impossible to identify the person.

"Bran..." They wisper, and at the sound of the voice I relax and put the knife back where it belongs.

"Meera, what are you doing here? It's the middle of the night." I say, as she ascends me.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But I'm just so used to watching over you, I just couldn't close my eyes without seeing you and knowing you are there." She says, a tear slipping out of her eyes. I reach out and wipe it away with my thumb.

"It's okay, I'm okay." I say and she smiles. "I couldn't sleep either, it took quite some time for eyes to finally start drooping."

She climbs in next to me, under the pelts, and I hold her in my arms. I whisper reassuring words that I'm fine and we're going to make it to Winterfell, until i hear her even breaths and know she's asleep.

In the light of the oillamp, she looks so peaceful and content. With not a worry in the world. The sight is so beautiful I cannot help but press my lips to her forehead. I smile, and not long after, I fall asleep myself.

~~

I'm flying. I can see the wall behind me, as I leave Castle Black, the snow continues for much longer than when we had made our way to the North. I guess winter finally came. I look down as I hover over a dark forest, the moon giving me enough light to see movement though the trees. It was probably nothing, but we may need to avoid that forest.

Ahead I see Winterfell, only this time without fire and smoke rising from the ashes of my birthplace. I circle around it and when I pass the Godswood where I could swear I heard voices...

~~

The vision fades.

It's really dark, but it felt like I have slept longer then I have in a long time. I frown. If I slept so well, how is it dark?

"Because you have to open your eyes, stupid." A sleepy voice says, next to me. I nearly fall out of my bed from shock, but then I remember what happened last night.

I slowly open my eyes giving them time to adjust to the brightness of the daylight coming through one of the windows.

Once adjusted I look next to me and I see Meera pretending to be asleep. I smirk.

I poke her side.

She flinches. Ah, so the tough as nails Meera, is ticklish. I begin to poke her side a few more times, untill she punches my arm without looking up.

"Well, that wasn't nessesary." I say, rubbing my arm. She really doesn't know her own strength.

"Yes it was." She murmers, her voice muffled by the pillow.