44

LEXI

Days went by and my relationship with Gab just gets better. I got to know her in a deeper level and I've opened up to her as well, especially about my family. Gab got pretty active with his Uncle's company and there were days that she'll be out of town, but she always comes home to me with her warm smile and needy hug. I can't help but giggle every time I think about it.

If you would compare the Gab now and the Gab 8 months ago, maybe you'd say that this Gabby right now is a different person. Gab is different today in a way that she thinks and acts like a grown up and a matured adult. She always thinks of the welfare of others before herself and she always makes sure that everyone is well. Sure she's still stubborn and annoying at times but that just how Gab really is.

We spent our weekends together doing anything or sometimes we'd go out of town like to the beach or camping. Some weekends we'd hang out at the farm and we'd check on Bernard. Weird how he always forgot us and we have to again introduce ourselves to him, then we'd talk about the same things over again. Poor Bernard, his dementia had taken all those sweet and precious memories away. We'll sit there watching the sun set and we'd listen to his stories, and even if we heard it a couple times before, it doesn't matter because whenever I see him reminisce about his past, his face lits up and his eyes glow. He is happy once more, and that's priceless. And I know that's the exact reason why Gab keeps on coming back.

On Sundays, we'd still have dinner but not at the mansion and without Mr. Ervy because Gab said he is too busy with his business meetings. Sometimes I just find it weird because I remembered it clearly when Mr. Ervy told Jenkins to wipe his Sunday schedule but hey, maybe there were inevitable times that work must come first. It's just sad that we always miss out Mr. Ervy. I always ask Gab about it but it seemed that Gab is just fine with it and that she is not bothered by Mr. Ervy's absence, which is quite odd. Gab is always fond of her Uncle.

Mr. Wilford finally agreed to meet up with me and talk about handing over their farm land. I learned that it was a big decision for him but it's something he has to decide on since Bastienne showed no interest with the farm. The first meeting was postponed because he got sick and Bastienne was busy taking care of his dad. I will meet him today in their farm and Gab offered to drive me all the way up but I declined because I know she's busy as well with her Uncle's company. Gab's been spending her days at the Ervy Tower in downtown Chicago, learning the basics and getting familiar with how the business works.

So I revved up my engine and started hitting the road. My team will meet me there and they'll be using the company car, I'd like to drive alone because it gives me time to think of things and just have a time for myself. It will take me almost 2 hours to get there, in time for an early lunch. Bastienne told me that his dad wanted him to prepare something for me and he couldn't say no to his dad so yeah, his dad and my visit got him cooking.

I was relieved to know that the package Bastienne was talking about was an envelope containing papers of their land that might be of help for Ervy Realtors once we got hold of it. Daphne was so excited about the flowers and teddy which Gab sent that she forgot about the other package that came in together with Gab's. I have to ask Bastienne again about the package he was talking about. Thankfully Bastienne looked at me nothing more than a friend for this will be too awkward, but then again Gab thinks the other way so she had second thoughts of letting me drive up to Bastienne's. I assured her that this is all work and that she shouldn't think of anything else. She was a bit hesitant but somehow she agreed with me.

I hit the gas and drive smoothly to the Wilford's. It is a bright and sunny morning but the wind is chilly enough to make my cheeks fluster. I turned on the radio and started looking for a good music. Then I found a song which made me a bit excited, the radio station was playing Melt with you and I couldn't help but smile. My thoughts lingered on John and Marias's Anniversary where Gab pulled me into the dance floor and sang and danced with me. I swear I was blushing the entire time and I felt my jaw got a bit strained for constantly smiling. I admire her spontaneity and I think that makes me fall for her even more. Gab never ever ceased to make me smile and at the same time happy.