Chapter 18

COLE'S POV

Hope and I were waiting in the waiting room waiting to hear from the doctors to find out what happened. "What if something went wrong," Hope sobbed into my chest.

"Hope I can't be strong you need to help me stay strong and if you loose hope I am too and I'm going to go off the rails." I explained. She nodded looking up at me and said, "everything will be fine."

I think I could actually be good friends with this girl. "Thank you."

We sat there and waited but no one was coming that is when a guy came up to us. "Are you the guy who is friends with Sophia?"

"Yes," I said looking over at Hope who had her jaw on the floor. I gave her a questioning look but she keeps staring at the guy in front of me in complete awe.

"I thought you were dead?" Hope asked the man. "She thought you were dead!" She screamed at him sitting up off my chest.

The guy just looked at the ground avoiding her glares she was shooting his way. "What the hell is going on!" I screamed.

"That man right there is Sophia's dad." Hope said with a straight face her eyes never leaving his body.

"I had to die," he said putting air quotes around the word die.

"Oh so you just decided it was a good idea to let your daughter suffer thinking her father is dead?" Hope screamed raising her eyebrows.

He shook his head and said, "I didn't want to I had no choice I only came back because her mother called me saying she was missing."

"Why didn't you have a choice?" Hope asked her voice lowering.

"I had enemies in this town and they told me if I didn't leave they would take my only daughter and use her and sell her so I left and Barbra her mom helped fake my death."

"You could of told her what was happening!" Hope yelled her voice getting louder again.

"If I told her she would have begged me to stay and I couldn't handle it so I left."

"She blamed herself for you dying! Do you know that or did Barbra leave that out when you would check in!"

"I tried to save her she was in danger and I wasn't going to let her get hurt."

Well you hurt her your- I cut Hope off before she could say anymore. I looked over at her and said, "I would have done the same thing."

She looked at me like I was crazy and I asked, "your telling me if someone told you to leave or else she would be sold and possibly killed you would stay?"

"I guess your right," she said staring down at her hands.

Sophia's dad sat down next to me and asked, "are you and my daughter close?"

"I would do anything for her."

He nodded and said, "you should just leave, she doesn't need to get close to someone and have them just leave again."

"Are you fucking crazy!" I yelled in his face.

"Look son she has had a hard life she doesn't need someone leaving her again."

"Look sir," I said mocking his words, "I am not you so I'm not going to leave her like you did!"

He stiffened letting me know I got to him and said, "I'm going to ask what's going on."

I turned towards Hope smirking and she was grinning right along with me. "That was great."

"I don't really like him," I told her. She started laughing and said, "yeah I can tell."

We sat there talking about Soph and Hope was telling me a bunch of embarrassing stories. We were laughing when I saw the nurse I talked to walking over with a smile on her face. "She's okay?" I asked jumping out of my seat to greet the nurse.

"She is stable," the nurse said, "you guys can go see her but she isn't awake....she can hear you though."

"Wait is she in a coma?" Hope asked from behind me. The nurse nodded while looking down at the floor.

"I'm really sorry."

I could feel tears begin to fall again and I started looking around the room for Soph's dad. "Where did her dad go?"

"Uh there was a guy claiming to be her uncle that went to see her."

Hope and I rushed to the elevator and ran down the hallway getting yelled at by multiple people to slow down. We burst through the door and saw Sophia laying on the bed and her dad sat beside her crying. "Oh my god," me and Hope said at the same time.

I rushed over to the opposite side of her dad and sat in a chair next to her and grabbed her hand. "Im so sorry this happened princess."

"This happened because of you!" Her dad screamed at me from across the bed.

"No she made me go through with this stupid plan!"

He backed out of his chair scrapping the bottom on the floor. "I will be back!"

I just looked down at my beautiful princess laying helpless on this hospital bed. "Please wake up baby I don't know what I would do without you. I think I would probably start drinking again and get sent away by my parent again." I forced a laugh as I felt tears fall down my face and onto her hand. "I wouldn't know what else to do so I would drink away all my problems like I used to do." After I finished that sentence I felt her squeeze my hand the slightest bit.

"Hope she's squeezing my hand!"

She went and sat in the chair across from me and grabbed her other hand. "I swear to god Soph if you leave me with your annoying boyfriend any longer I might have to super glue his lips shut," she giggled.

"Then your best friend would never be able to kiss her boyfriend ever again and she would go insane," I said smirking. "She would go crazy without me on top of her."

"You are disgusting!" She said laughing.

"It's okay as long as she loves me I'm good."

"Oh she does she never stops talking about you it is so annoying!"

"Oh my god!" Hope screamed, "she squeezed my hand!" Tears starting to form in her eyes as she lay her head down onto the bed next to Sophia.

"I love you princess."