Mistakes

Miranda's pov

I was teaching Sierra to read when Jason walked out dressed in his camo. "Hunting with the guys?" I ask. He smiles. "Yeah. Remind me again why you are friends with them?" I roll my eyes. "Goodbye Jason." I say waving. He laughs and ruffles my hair.

Jason's pov

It's weird to say me and Q are kinda friends now. I didn't expect to be able to say that. We were in the duck blind when out of the blue, he asks, "Do you have any regrets?" Regrets? Hm.... "Leaving for Nashville without my girl. What about you?" "Making an embarassing TV show with my best friends." He says then laughs. "Really?" "Nah I love the show. I don't know if I have any regrets." With that, it falls into a comfortable silence.

Miranda's pov

Sierra was eating lunch and I was fixing myself a grilled cheese when there was a knock on my door. I set down the spatula and kissed my daughter's head. "Don't touch the stove sweety." I say. "Yes mama." I answer the door and a blonde girl stands there crying with her hair twisted in knots and a bruise on her cheek. "Oh my gosh! What happened to you?" I cry inviting her in. And who is she? "Where's Jason?" She asks. "Out hunting with a friend. Who are you?" "What? He didn't tell you?" Huh? "Tell me what?" I ask confused. "I'm Sierra's mom. I need to talk to him." I wonder what happened to her. "Where's Sierra?" "eating lunch." I say, blocking the kitchen door. "I'm Sierra's mom!" I gasp defensively. Her eyes go wide. "No! I am!" She yells. "I'm calling Jason!" I snap angrily.

Jason's pov

My phone vibrates. I was gonna let it go to voicemail since I had my eye on a big buck but I saw it was Miranda so I answered instead. "What's up?" "You have alot of explaining to do!" Uh oh! She sounds pissed. "What do you mean?" "Who's the blonde chick claiming to be Sierra's mom?!" I lower the phone. "Shit!" "What?" Q asks. "Nothing." I grumble setting down my bow and putting the phone back to my ear. "Honey, she is Sierra's mom. But you are too. So don't freak out." "Please come home Jason. I need help with this." I sigh. "I gotta go, man." He nods. "I'm on my way, hun." I get back home and am shocked to see Brittany beat up again. "You did not go back to that guy did you?!" I gape, setting my bow down. Sierra runs out of the kitchen. "Daddy!" She gasps. I pick her up. "What's going on?" "She refused to let me see my daughter!" Brittany shouts pointing an accusatory finger at Miranda. "I don't know you! You could've been some crazed lunatic!" Miranda fires back. "Girls stop fighting!" But they don't hear me as they go head to head in a yelling match. "Make it stop daddy!" Sierra begs, crying and covering her ears which angers me that she is afraid because of them. "Go to your room baby girl." I say, setting her down. They're both still arguing. I grab both Brittany's and Miranda's arms. "Knock it off!" Finally they shut up. "I came over here to talk visitation rights." Brittany says, yanking free. Both girls are fuming. "Visitation? Why I oughta!" My wife growls. I roll my eyes. "Just stop, go take Sierra out for a few hours and I'll fix this." "Fine." After that's taken care of.... "First of all, are you still with Derren?" "This isn't about him!" She snaps, blushing. "You are! Aren't you?!" "Yes but that has nothing to do with you!" I scrunch my eyes frustrated. "Brittany you know my policy on abuse. I ain't gonna put up with it." "Let's get to the point here, Jason. I have visitation rights!" "Do you? You just left her on my front step! What would have happened if I was on tour or we had moved since then?! Our daughter would've been wandering Nashville probably terrified out of her mind!" Her eyes go wide and her fists clench. She grabs my shirt pushing me back into the wall. "Listen here buster, I've put up with a lot of shit over the years. Nobody and I mean NOBODY is gonna tell me I can't see my daughter!!!!" I'm caught off guard by this side of her. "W-Whoa.... B-Britt, this badass side of you.... Is amazing." She lets go of my shirt and stares at wide eyed. "What are you getting at, Jason?" I don't know. "Britt, fuck me!" "B-But you're married!" "That doesn't matter!" "Of course it does!" "Come on Brittany, you know I treated you way better than that Derran jackass!" "That has nothing to do with it Jason! You're married to that other girl!" I grab her hand anyway. "She doesn't have to know."
Miranda's pov

I'm fuming. Sierra was asleep in Murr's guest room. "Thanks for letting me vent to you, Murr." I say, tiredly. He smiles. "Of course sweety." He says, patting my hand. I smile at him. "I swear Murr you understand me the most out of anyone." His eyes go wide. "Even Jason?" I nod, fighting back tears.

Murr's pov

I wish like hell I'd just man up and tell her. I go back to when we were in New York and making a decision to move down here. Cowboy up. Jason said that. "Ok it's time to nut up or shut up." I whisper determined. "What?" She asks. I suck up all my courage and kiss her. A muffled mumble could be heard but then to my shock she kisses me back for a few seconds and her body relaxes against my hands. Then she stands up quickly, breathing heavily. "What the hell?!" She yelps. "I.... I'm.... I'm sorry!" I gasp, red faced. She stares at me shocked. "What the fuck just happened?" I stand up worried and bite my lip. "I've loved you since college! I'm sorry it took so long for me to say anything but I was scared!" "Y-You.... You love me!" She cries, shocked. I fight back the tears and nod. "B-But..... James, I'm married!" Whoa she used my real name! She never uses my real name. She sits back down beside me. "Are you okay?" I ask nervously. "Murr, fuck! Man this is crazy!" She stands back up and starts pacing. "Me having feelings for you! I never even knew that was possible!" My eyes go wide. I stand up. "Wait! What?" I gape. "That kiss.... Felt amazing." She whispers, turning around and looking up at me. I'm sweating with worry. My hands are shaking with lust I never knew I had. I grab her shoulders and kiss her again. Her arm wrapping around my neck. We were making out when she wrapped her leg around onto my hip. I moan with pleasure. She's such a turn on. I deserve this. I swing her down onto the couch, her long dark brown hair cascading all over the place. She's breathless and sweating too. "Murr." She whispers my nickname so sexily. I fight myself for five seconds before I unzip her jeans. She moans softly as I slip my hand into her jeans. "Oh God Murr." She gasps, making me smile. I almost rip her jeans off her. She claws my back, making me moan with pleasure. This is the best night of my life.