Ring

"Here's the thing," Harley mumbled to Boomerang as they rounded up the corner, "I don't want you telling on me, 'kay?"

"Sure, Crazyhead," Boomerang nodded, "As long as you drag me with you the minute Joker's getting your arse."

Harley smiled, "Of course, Beardy. Then you can finally go back to your girl, Melanie--right?"

"Mallory, " Boomerang corrected, "Shit, is her name that hard to remember?"

Harley shrugged, skipping into Deadshot's direction.

Boomerang, slightly glad that the bonkers girl was finally away, grabbed a hold of the small box in his pocket. He didn't notice the box when his memories were washed away, but thankfully he did when he drank Harley's beer. He casted a lingering glance on its black surface and suddenly remembered the time when all his memories went back to him.

~*~

There he was, standing at the most expensive jewelry store in Australia. He was out of his usual long coat and jacket and was instead donning a smart suit and tie. It was really restricting him in the arms, but it was all part of the plan. He didn't want to be chased by the police now.

"Hey mate," He greeted the girl on the back of the glass case that contained dozens of rings, "Can you show me your most expensive ring?"

The girl raised an eyebrow but nonetheless got what he asked. The girl went back with a small black box. She opened it and described it for him, "This is made entirely out of diamond. Pure, authentic, and of course, very costly."

Boomerang took the ring and held it up for a closer look. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. The ring was pretty, sure, but he was also sure that it wasn't Mallory's style.

"Can I look at a few more rings?" He asked the girl.

"Yeah, sure." The agreed, slightly dissapointed that she didn't get to sell the most expensive ring they had. She could say goodbye to her bonus.

As Boomerang looked towards the cases with a thoughtful look in his face, a man entered the shoppe. Dressed entirely in black, the unknown man sat down on one of the cushions near the window.

A gleaming thing caught Boomerang's eyes the second he moved onto the second glass case. The ring was simple yet elegant. It was adorned with a small piece of diamond in the center.

He breathed out a breath, "Shit, this is the ring."

Quickly gesturing for the sales lady, he pointed at the ring that got his attention, "I want that ring."

"Nice choice," The girl commented, "This is one of the rings that are rarely bought, you know. People underestimate such a beauty. Card or cash?"

"I'll pay it by cash--"

"I suggest you put it back, miss." The man from the cushions moved towards them, face covered with the cap he was wearing, "You're talking to a professional thief."

The girl looked at the two before putting the box that contained Boomerang's ring back in the case.

Boomerang growled, "Who the hell are you? And give me back my ring, mate."

"Tsk tsk," The man moved closer to Boomerang and showed him the gun strapped in his waist, "If I were you, I'd be running for the doors, Digger Harkness."

Boomerang froze. Shit, why does this have to happen when he doesn't have his boomerangs with him? He swallowed, then cocked a grin at the unknown man.

"I'll be running," He paused, "Right after I knee your dick."

His feet moved up, connecting to the man's privates. He swiftly pushed the girl out of the way and grabbed his ring's box before dashing out of the shoppe.

"Harkness!" The man cried out.

Boomerang smirked, "Catch you later, bitch."

A wad of cash was left in his path, just enough to pay the ring he got.

~*~

Boomerang smiled at the memory. He was quite proud of that incident. For the first time, he paid for the product he got. As he continued to reminisce about his past, Rick raised a hand up in front of the group as a sign to stop.

Boomerang crashed against the back of Killer Croc, who gave him a glare. He raised his hands in surrender, "Peace. Don't look at me like you want to eat me."

"Shit," Rick cussed, gaining everyone's attention, "Get ready to fight. We're surrounded."

"Surrounded by what?" Deadshot questioned.

"Shit-faced enemies."

And the enemies attacked.