Chapter 19

"What the hell is this?" Dimitri said, angrily

He tried to get up but both Heath and Cason kept him on his knees.

There was a time when I thought of Dimitri as my friend. Maybe in a different life we would have been together. All of that was gone now. I only felt anger towards him.

"The last time I saw you my dad was being killed." I crossed my arms. "Where have you been hiding?"

"What do you want from me, Chloe?"

"I just want to talk."

"And you had to send your bodyguards to jump me?" He spat.

"They saw an opportunity and they took it." I shrugged. "The least you can do is talk after plotting to kill my dad, don't you think?"

"I warned you to stay away from Vincent." Dimitri made a face. "It's not my fault you didn't listen."

I growled. "That's how you decide to clean your conscience?"

"Just tell me what you want so we can get this over with."

Get him up and sit him down on the couch.

Heath and Cason both nodded dragging Dimitri to the living room and had him sitting down on the couch. Tessa trailed behind me and stood in a protective stance next to me. I didn't think Dimitri would try to hurt me but Tessa was ready for anything.

"Leave us." I told Heath and Cason. "Make sure no one comes near this house. If you see Vincent, distract him."

"Yes, Alpha." They both nodded.

Heath and Cason both walked out of the house. Dimitri had an amused expression on his face, but it fell when he finally seemed to notice Tessa. I felt her move closer to me. I wasn't sure if it was out of fear, or if she thought Dimitri would try to hurt me.

Even though I knew I had to be cautious with Dimitri, I felt like he didn't have any fight left in him.

"Tessa, you're here. My uncle said you might have been taken by Wood Grove. He convinced everyone they had killed you but I knew Chloe would never let that happen."

"People believed that?" Tessa asked, not believing a word coming out of Dimitri's mouth.

"Doesn't matter if they do or not. No one is going to go against him right now. Not with a Council member freely roaming around. They're afraid for their lives. We all know what this means."

Tessa and I shared a look. Archer and Donovan knew exactly who I was and what that meant. They were keeping that from everyone else.

"Look, whatever it is you have planned please leave me out of it. I'm not getting involved in anything anymore. I've had enough."

"Dimitri, what about what you told me?"

"You told her that?!" He shouted, looking at her accusingly. "I didn't tell you that so you can open your big mouth."