Chapter One: Leaving Home

Third Person P. O. V.

Ethan looked around his room one last time as he finished packing his last bag. He was going to miss this place. This place had so many good memories yet a lot of bad memories. He remembered growing up here, his first day or school, meeting Benny, becoming best friends the blood brothers with Benny, Rory, and then Sarah came along, finding out she's a vampire, up to the point of when Jesse bit him. He could still remember the pain, remember when he was still human, and then falling in love with Benny. He remembered everything.

“Ethan, come on hurry up.” His mom called. He sighed and zipped up his bag. “Coming.” He called back. A knock on his door alerted him and he looked up to see Jane. He was going to miss his little sister. She smiled sadly at him before walking in. “Ethan… why do you have to go?” She asked already knowing the answer. Ethan walked over to her and sat on his bed looking at her. “You know why. If I stayed Mom and Dad would soon see that I wasn't aging. I don't want to go but I have to OK.” He said softly. He never said it much but he loved his sister. He watched her grow up, and now… now he would be gone. Jane sniffled and hugged him.

Ethan wrapped his arms around her and hugged her back. This was the last time he'd see her for while. He had tears in his eyes as he hugged his sister. “I love you Ethan.” Jane cried pulling back. Ethan's heart tugged and he reached up and wiped away her tears. “I love you too Jane. Now no more tears OK.” Ethan said smiling as he grabbed her and pulled her to the bed and started tickling her, causing her to laugh. He knew to be extra careful and didn't press to hard as he laughed along with her.

“E.. .Eth…. Ethan.. S...st..stop… you..w..win.” Jane said through laughs as she squirmed. Ethan smiled and laid down next to her, catching his breath even though he didn't need to breath it made him seem more human. He closed his eyes when Jane pounced on him, and started tickling him.

He wasn't really ticklish but he laughed anyway until they were interrupted by their mother. “Ethan, Benny and his grandma are here.” Ethan sighed as Jane jumped off of him and sat up. “ OK you have mine, Benny's, Rory's, Erica's, Sarah's and Benny's grandma phone number in case anything or anyone starts stuff right. Anything strange you call one on us and we'll come back OK. And try and stay focused on the practice Grandma teaches you. We don't need another Benny around OK.” Ethan asked knowing Benny could hear as he joked causing Jane to laugh and nod her head.

“I promise. Hey Ethan, when your gone can I have your room?” Jane asked smirking. Ethan chuckled and grabbed his bag wrapping his arm around her shoulder. “Let me think about that…. No.” Ethan said, causing Jane to look at him with puppy dog eyes which always get Ethan. “Fine, but I swear Jane you break any of my stuff I'll come back and kick your butt.” Ethan said.

Jane smiled and rushed downstairs. Ethan walked down after her as he saw her rush over to Benny and hug him. Ethan looked at his parents and felt tears in his eyes. He didn't want to leave but they couldn't be sucked into this world. “Are you all set?” His dad asked. Ethan nodded his head. “Y..yeah I think I'm good.” He stuttered as he felt like his heart was breaking. His mom pulled him into a hug and he hugged her back, enjoying the last hug he'd ever get from his mom. “I love you mom.” He whispered. His mom pulled away and kissed his head. “I love you too Ethan.”

Next came his dad who also pulled him into a hug. He tried hard to fight back the tears. He wasn't going to look weak. After a couple of goodbyes he walked out as  Jane ran over to him. Jane lunged at Ethan and Ethan dropped his bag picking up Jane and spinning her around. “I'll miss you Ethan.” She whispered. Ethan felt a tear roll down his face as he hugged her tighter before letting her go. “I'll miss you too Jane. Watch out for mom and dad please. Make sure you stay safe. Promise me if there is any sign of danger, call me or any of us OK.” He said. Jane nodded her head. “I promise.” Ethan smiled and kissed Jane's head before watching her run to their parents.

Ethan walked over to Benny and his Grandma, grabbing Benny's hand and sighing. “Watch out for Jane please.” Ethan asked Evelyn. Evelyn smiled and pulled the boys into a hug. “I promise Ethan. Be careful yourselves OK. Don't hesitate to call me if you guys need help.” She said pulling back. Benny smiled slightly. “We will grandma.” Benny said and before they knew it they were in the car and driving to meet with the others. They had all decided to go see Ethan's cousins in Forks, Washington to get a new change of scenery.

Once together they all started their new adventure. Together.