XII

Chapter XII:

In the morning, the first thing I did was shower, dress and bold from the room. My internal alarm clock woke me at around 5 providing the perfect amount of time to escape from Jungkook's grasp before he woke. With only two days to spare, I had to prepare for the infamous cousin, with everybody else.

Breakfast was ready and prepared without my help, as I decided to go to the outside and help with the gardening and outdoor chores. I would have a higher chance of not interacting with Jungkook that way. After his rejection last night, he was probably going to try to make it up, but I didn't want to talk to him.

The hardest thing for me to do was to take my thoughts of him. My hazel brown eyes were dull and full of pain as I oversaw what needed to be done. Walking around to the backside of the house, I stared at the door I had entered through yesterday.

The path split going from the school house to an unknown territory. I wasn't sure where it lead, and honestly nothing could stop me when it comes to my curiosity. Walking down the path, I stared at each separate stone. It seemed specially crafted as if each one had been made to fit a meaning.

As I continued down the path, the house began to fade from view as the path kept going. I continued down the path in confusion. Where does it lead? A little cabin came into view and a lake next to it. I had never seen this before. Curious as to what it was, I cautiously made my way to the door.

Knocking loudly, the door creaked open slightly. Hesitantly, I took a step inside.

"Hello?"

Nobody answered. This reminded me of those horror movies where the killer is just behind the door. Ignoring that though, I went ahead and walked in. I noticed the gruesome atmosphere, as I was immediately drawn to the pictures on the mantle and piano.

Picking one up, I read the level on the back, "Jungkook and Jennie."

The picture itself was a little boy, maybe twelve with a girl who seemed about ten. They were smiling and a heart was drawn in red pen between the two. Had been Jungkook been involved in a relationship before I had known him? Making a mental note to myself, I thought about asking Sojin, who seemed old enough to have known Jungkook all his life.

I slid the piano cover off, noticing how there wasn't much dust at all. Somebody must have recently cleaned this place. Sitting on the piano bench, I set the picture down, only to pick up another one.

I recognized that same little boy as Jungkook in the middle, with two adults and a child younger than him. It looked like his family. All were smiling, and it brought back my own sad memories. I didn't even know where my family was now. My sister was probably dead, and I knew my parents were, so I probably wasn't going to find her in the rest of my lifetime.

I was never going to have children. It would just mean pain, torture and suffering in all manners to them and I don't think any mother would be able to watch her kids go through that.

The next picture I looked at was a two boys. They looked about fifteen, holding soccer trophies. I could see how their shirts stuck to their bodies form the sweat. Again, it looked like Jungkook's on the left. Dark black hair and red eyes.

The second one had dark brown hair and green eyes. His green eyes were electric and alive as if he was staring directly at me. Creeped out, as I set the picture down.

My fingers rested against the keys of the piano as I glanced round the rom again. As a young kid, my parents had pushed me to play piano. It was a requirement in my house to learn one instrument and one sport. I had chosen volleyball and piano, even though I had never had a passion for music.

Now, I was glad I had learned as i tried to empty the thoughts of my last few weeks from my head. I jogged my memory first with the chords.

amugeotdo saenggakhaji ma
neon amu maldo kkeonaejido ma
geunyang naege useojwo

nan ajikdo mithijiga anha
i modeun ge da kkumin geot gata
sarajiryeo hajima

Is it true? Is it true?

I kept singing, enjoying the way the piano felt under my fingertips, the way it sounded after probably being neglected for years.

You You
neomu areumdawo duryeowo
Untrue Untrue
You You You

gyeote meomulleojullae
naege yaksokhaejullae
son daemyeon naragalkka
buseojilkka
geobna geobna geobnam

siganuel meomchullae
i sungani jinamyeon
eobseotdeon iri droll ka neol irheulkka
geobna geobna geobna

Butterfly, like a Butterfly
machi Butterfly, bu Butterfly
cheoreom
Butterfly, like a Butterfly
machi Butterfly, bu Butterfly
cheoreom~

"You know, I haven't heard that played since she died many years ago."

Turning around cautiously, I looked to see who was talking to me. To my surprise, it wasn't Jungkook.

----------------------------------------------
A/N: It took me too long to update this chapter.. Damn.. those projects and assignments of mine are really hard. Anyways I'm sorry I didn't update sooner cause ya know projects and assignments that are pain in the ass... And.. sorry for the Cliffhanger XD. So don't forget to hit vote my dear readers and just comment if you like to ~