The Amulet: Chapter 1

Sara sat with her head on the desk; Her long, curly black hair covering the desk like a wavy sea in the midst of a hurricane. The loud chiming bell rang as if blowing straight into her ears. She lifted her head quickly. Grabbing her books she ran out the door as fast as possible, nearly tripping over her shoe strings.

In her fight to get to her locker, she ran into Troy Sanders. He was new to Cumberland High and he was already hanging with the popular. Sara thought he was rather cute with his shaggy black hair and discolored eyes; she would never admit it though.

He stopped where he stood, just in front of Sara's locker, and looked at Sara with a strange intensity. Sara knew nothing about his intent, and come to think about it, neither did he. Sara stared at him with her light, golden eyes, waiting for him to say something rude and inconsiderate; He just looked at her. In what seemed like forever, a blond girl, named Missy, can't up to Troy and took his arm in hers. Missy pulled him away, scolding Sara with her deep, blue eyes. Troy was reluctant to leave but he did so, quietly, only muttering the words, "See ya" while he walked away, continuing to look at Sara.