14 ~ We get rescued... and I meet Rumpletilskin and his son!

All night long I toss and turn, unable to sleep. Long into the night I stare at the flower tree, flickering in the still flaming fire, my mind a complicated mass of questions. If you've ever tried to sleep while thoughts are running around i your head, you'll know what I mean. It's like trying to walk when you have a stitch. Everything that Henry said is swirling around in my mind. I want to protect him so badly. The drive to make sure he's safe is like nothing I've ever felt before. And my parents? Where are they? Who were they? Why did they abandon me? At last I can't stand it any longer. I look at Henry to make sure he's asleep and get up quietly.

When I was allowed out of the house at the Baker's, a walk always cleared my mind. I figure it will do the same for me now. Stepping carefully over the sleeping boys around the campfire, I take three steps forwards until I'm thrown back to the ground, landing on my back. The crack of the fire covers the sound of me hitting the ground. Confused, and slightly bruised, I throw a rock forwards and duck as it flies past my head as the invisible force field sends it back.

Just great. I should have known something like this would happen.

"You didn't think I was that stupid, did you?" Pan asks. Rolling my eyes, I scramble to my feet. I can't see him, but I'm expecting him to pop up somewhere unexpected.

"Has that always been there?" I peer past the fire light. When I turn around, he's near the tree just in front of me.

"No, I just have a talent for knowing what's on people's minds."

He's a psycho as well as a mind reader. "Right..." I want nothing more than a walk right now. I stare longingly at the empty space in front of me, hoping it will disappear.

"Fine then. but only because I'm feeling nice." He waves his hand and I poke my hand cautiously in the open air, expecting it to get chopped off. Nothing.

"Cheers." I start to walk and he follows me.

I frown and turn around. Not that I don't want his sunny personality to brighten up my night. "You mind?"

"Not at all." He smirks. "Can't have you wandering off on your own, now, can we? There's dangerous animals around."

I stare at his smirking face. "The only dangerous animal out here is you." I retort. "I can take care of myself, thank you."

"What, with those killer skills of yours?" He smirks.

"Shut up." I say crossly. He doesn't move, just stands there. I try to glare at him but he only smirks. Finally, I drop it. "If you insist on coming with me and being your normal annoying self, take me somewhere exciting."

"Where do you want to go?" He asks curiously.

"What are we going to do? Fly?" I ask incredulously.

"No, duh. We're going to teleport. It's much quicker than flying. Not as fun, but a lot easier. You don't have the magic to do it, but I can get us there, and I can take you with me. Just think of somewhere you'd like to visit."

My mind fills with places - but really, I'd like to check on Shay the most.

"A word of warning." He says, breaking my thoughts. "You can't teleport outside Neverland."

Damn! He must have read my mind again. I bite my lip, thinking of my dreams. "I can't tell you, but I can show you. You can go anywhere on the island, right?"

"Anywhere." He confirms, and holds out his hand.

"Even if this place is not... real?" I ask slowly.

"This is Neverland." He gives me another 'duh' look. "And for the sake of this being your first time teleporting, things might get a little rocky."