six

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the Tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." Dumbledore spoke before the whole school, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Wicked." Fred spoke as Shawn's mind drifted to thoughts of what these three extremely dangerous tasks could be and if they could lead to death.

"For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic co-operation, Mister Bartimus Crouch." Dumbledore spoke once again before thunder filled the air above and some rain began leaking through the roof causing screams to break out and Draco Malfoy to grab the hand of his long time friend Carlson who held a fear of thunder and lightning, hell even rain made the girl uncomfortable. But despite all this, a strange man in the doorway cast some magic towards the roof to seal it, Shawn wasn't sure of who this mysterious person was, but he knew this stranger had a fake eye.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody." Ron spoke as he watched the mysterios stranger, at least now Shawn had a name to put to the face.

"Alastor Moody? The aura." Hermione spoke whilst glancing

"He was a catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days." Ron says as Shawn, Harry and Hermione pay full attention to Ron. Shawn had learnt what Azkaban was from Ron's letters to him when he mentioned Sirius Black. The stranger, now known to be Alastor Moody, began limping through the room breathing heavily as he does.

"My dear old friend, thanks for coming." Dumbledore says whilst greeting Alastor.

"That stupid roof." Mad-Eye proclaims before drinking some of his drink.

"What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Seamus asked his friends and they all watched Mad-Eye drink.

"I don't know but I don't think it's Pumpkin Juice." Harry told his friend, referring to the popular juice.

"After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final." Barty tells the crowds of students before they become unsettled whilst some students boo, including Draco Malfoy.

"That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" George shouts around his friends.

"Silence!" Dumbledore shouts over the crowds before casting magic over a box causing it to change into a goblet containing a blue flame.

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun." Dumbledore proclaims as some students cheer and holler whilst some students look around sadly. Shawn of course was filled with joy that you had to be a certain age as he couldn't partake in the tournament.