0 ~ The boys are here

|I do NOT own The Edge Of Winter cast, story line, plot, or anything about it except Emily. Enjoy :)|

~Emily P.o.V~

There I was sitting on the couch laughing and crying with laughter, my new adoptive father Elliot makes me smile with all the jokes he tells me, "Too funny!" I said as the door was being knocked "Oh, their here. Are you excited to meet them?" he asked me as my head was down, "Hey! cheer up, they're gonna love you. I know that your shy but, they're nice kids. Why don't you get their room set up and I'll be right back" he said as he put a right hand on my knee to get up and walk to the door, I got up and went to his room and try to clean up his mess the best I could.

"Hey! Come on in" he said as I heard some footsteps coming into the house, I went back to cleaning up the room. I heard him still talking to his wife and another man, I finished cleaning up and I sneakily went out of the room and walk slowly past out of the kitchen. I saw a older boy siting in the chair right beside the entry way into the kitchen while another younger boy was laying on the couch, "Are you sure your ok with this?" asked the boys mother "Yeah. I got this" said Elliot as he slowly closed the door and turned to the boys.

I made my way into the bathroom and closed the door behind me slowly, They're just boys and they don't know me, I'm going to be alright, just don't be shy and just talk to them, then everything will be ok. Then I heard a knock on the bathroom door, "Princess? you in there. The boys want to meet you" said Elliot as I heard him right beside the door, "I'll be out" I said in a soft voice "Ok. take your time. Boys you can go ahead and unpack, she'll be out and I'll make you some pancakes" said Elliot as I heard them move away.

I open the bathroom door and saw Elliot opening the fridge and getting somethings to make pancakes, "There you are, are you ok?" he asked me as he closed the fridge door "Yeah, I'm fine" I said as I walked behind him to see what he was doing. "Trust me Emily, the boys are gonna love you. Why don't you go ahead and talk to them" he said as he laid out the stuff from his hands, "I'm fine, they're unpacking. I don't want to see boys underwear" I said as he chuckled "You won't, they should be mature enough not to do that" he said as he heard a noise coming from the room. "Wait, you stay here for a sec" he said as he walk quietly to the bedroom door and saw that the boys were looking at a gun, "What are you doing?!?!" he shouted at them as I looked way and tried not to hear their conversation.

"I'm sorry that I yelled" he said as he was looking the gun and the boys, "Have you uh...ever shot one of these before?" he asked them as they shook their heads no, "What if I took you boys out?" he asked as one of the boys were all happy "Yes! Yes!, come on say yes", "Ye..Yeah sure" said the other boy as Elliot left the room and walked towards me.

"Change of plans princess, were going out to shoot this gun. You wanna come?" he asked me "Sure, I'll put the stuff away" I said as he grabbed my hand and said "No, I'll put it away. You just get the stuff together and put it in the car" he said as I at least help him put the milk away while he put the eggs away. "Ok, let's go get some warm clothes on" he said as he put his arm around my shoulder and we walked into another room and separably got dressed.

~Few mins later~

I was ready to go out with Elliot and his sons. I was waiting for Elliot to get changed and ready, "Ok. I'm ready to hit the road let's go" he said as I was right behind him and the boys were already in the car. We walked out and saw one of the boys that looked really young sat in the front and the other one who looks older sat in the back, I have to sit with him.

"Ok, before we go Caleb, Bradley this is my adoptive daughter Emily. Emily this is Caleb and Bradley, don't be shy. say hi at least to each other" said Elliot as Caleb was the first to speak, "Hi, my name is Caleb. Nice to meet you Emily" he said as he had a smile on my face, I smiled back and said "Nice to meet you too". "There you go princess, see wasn't that hard?" asked Elliot as I laid back and put my hood on and just closed my eyes and tried to sleep.