prologue.

prologue.
═════════════════

She was standing on the very edge of the building, and the boy wondered how she managed to climb over the tall fence wearing the constricting uniform skirt, but he didn't dwell on the thought as he ran into the building and up the stairs, rushing to the roof where the girl stood on the ledge. It would take her half a step to plummet to her death. Just half a step. She wondered what awaited her once her heart stood still, and her eyes closed forevermore.

"Stop!" His voice cracked as he yelled urgently.

She didn't look back, but she didn't move her feet either, remaining rooted to the spot where she stood. "Whatever it is, it's not worth taking your own life!" He was rambling on, but she showed no signs of hearing his frantic exclamations. The sun looked beautiful while setting, the orange mixing with the dim yellow in a combination that tempted her to pull out her paint brush. The boy was still talking, so persistent. "And besides, I don't think a person who looks as beautiful as you should die this way!" He was screaming his lungs out at her. His last words were shallow.

The moment had passed, the perfect moment in which she had planned to jump passed, dragged away by the chains of a few second's hesitation. The moment where the sun wasn't hidden by the jealous clouds. And so she jumped, high into the air, flipping in the direction of the fence so that she landed perched on to the thin railing that framed the top of the fence, they boy's eyes widened, "you're a-" He didn't get to complete his sentence, because she jumped once more, her body twisting magnificently in the air. She landed directly before him, her short uniform shirt halting it's flurrying movements as she stood.

She was shorter than he had expected from up close, her head of smooth, black hair barely reached his neck. Her expression was blank, it was like trying to make out words on a blank paper. Her eyes were a brown so dark they could have been mistaken for black had he not been viewing them from up close. Thick, neat brows arched above her sharply-shaped eyes. She inhaled deeply through her button-nose, and her plump lips parted.

Her hand reached for the bandage that was wrapped around her palm, she pulled it off and a drop of blood dripped downwards, pausing mid-air. "What are you d-" The drop of blood grew, and the girl's skin grew paler, until a crimson sword materialized before her. The sword dropped, gravity suddenly overcoming the weapon, and the girl caught it in an instinctive motion, wrapping her fingers around the hilt.

The boy crept backwards slowly, but the girl's eyebrows furrowed dangerously and she forcefully drove the blade into his chest. He let out a blood-curdling scream of pain, but he didn't drop to the floor, hunching his back in a tortured way instead. She could see the end of the weapon sticking out of his back, blood and gore tarnishing its sharp end. The girl lowered her head and met his gaze, "what are you?" Her voice was a whisper, and it sounded curious, showing no hint of remorse.

"I'll tell you, but please get that sword out of me," he rasped. She continued examining him, as if he were a puzzle she was trying to piece together. "Pretty please?" He pleaded, gasping from the pain.

"My name is Aryah, nice to meet you." She twisted the sword mercilessly before yanking it out of his body.

═════════════════

═════════════════╰☆☆ end of prologue ☆☆╮

═════════════════
╰☆☆ end of prologue ☆☆╮