Chapter 1

Disclaimer! I do not own any characters or anything that is a part of the Harry Potter world.  This is my first time writing on Wattpad so constructive criticism is appreciated. 

Seamus had a problem. A tall, dark skinned, perfect-in-every-way problem named Dean Thomas. His bestest friend in the whole world Dean Thomas. The boy who had been there from the beginning. The boy who supported him, no questions asked. The boy who had no idea his best friend was gay. At least, that's what Seamus thought. 

 Dean knew Seamus was gay. He also knew that Seamus thought no one knew. Seamus had clearly underestimated the observance of his friend. Dean figured it out even before Seamus himself did, around halfway through their third year. Dean saw the way Seamus would subconsciously check out guys in the hallway, or never had anything to contribute when the gang was talking about girls. That was how Dean knew exactly what was going on when Seamus went quiet for a few weeks, spending more time on his own. It was hard for Dean, but the boy knew his friend would come around when he was ready, and until then he could wait. Pressuring Seamus to come to a conclusion about his private feelings wouldn't do either of them any good. Seamus would come to Dean when he was ready, and Dean would support him every step of the way. 

 Seamus was scared shitless. He had realized over the summer that his preference for guys was in no way going to pass. What would his parents think if he told them? They had never said anything outrightly homophobic when Seamus was around, but he knew they were Catholic, and their church viewed homosexuality as a sin. What if he lost his parents? He could always stay with a friend, but what would his friends think? They had always teased about his bromance with Dean, but those were only jokes. Him really being gay might be taken entirely differently. Most importantly, what would Dean think? The best friends had always been very close, sharing a bed sometimes, and telling each other everything. What if he was disgusted? What if it ended their friendship? What if Dean thought he was a pervert? Seamus knew, he could not survive without Dean. Dean was his brother, his confidant, his other half. These thoughts plagued Seamus at all hours, day and night. After much internal debate, a conclusion was formed. Seamus could not tell Dean his secret. Not at the risk of their friendship. 

 Dean knew something was wrong with Seamus. His Irish friend had come back for fourth year even more withdrawn than when they had left. Seamus had to have come to terms with his sexuality over the summer, so why hadn't Dean been informed? He could tell keeping the secret was eating away at Seamus. He wasn't eating as much, he barely slept, and he had stopped confiding in Dean altogether. Dean knew he was giving Seamus time, but it was affecting his best friend's well-being, and something had to be done. 'Alright Shay,' Dean thought, 'you have one week until I start prying.'