Chapter 1

I did post quite a few bonus chapters about Ginny and Nick in my Protector Series Bonus Content book, so if you haven't read them yet, I suggest you do because the book takes place after those. Like, a week after. cx

Also shout out to DJV007 for the cover in the banner!

Chapter 1

Nick

       "Ginny, come on," I said, following her up the path that leads to her front door.

       "I don't want to talk to you," she said.

       "Would you just listen?" I asked.

       "Listen?" she asked, stopping in her tracks and turning around to face me. "No, I don't want to listen to you!"

       "Just calm down," I said. "I can explain."

       "Explain what?" she asked, tears staining her eyes. "I trusted you, Nick! I trusted you with my heart despite my dad's warnings! And....And you do this to me...."

       I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. "Ginny, just...."

      "No," she said. "No, I don't want to speak to you ever again. My dad was right. I shouldn't have dated someone three years older than me. Especially you."

       "Ginny, ju--"

       "No! I told you! I won't listen to you! How could you do this to me, Nick?! You're the sweetest guy ever, and you hurt me! I never thought you would!"

       "Gi--"

       "I had to convince my dad so much to let me date you," Ginny said. "He still is wary of it and I see why. You were supposed to be my everything, Nick. You weren't supposed to break my heart."

       "Would you calm down?" I asked. "It's not that big of a deal. So I made one mistake. Big deal."

       "One mistake?" she repeated. "Big deal? You broke my heart!"

       "All I did was eat the cupcake you wanted!"

       The tears from Ginny's eyes started flowing. "You yelled at me."

       I sighed, pulling my girlfriend into a hug. "I didn't yell, I talked loudly because you're irritating me." I pulled away and wiped the tears from her face away. "How bad are the cramps?"

       "Really bad," Ginny said before burying her face in my chest. "I'm so sorry I got mad at you."

       "It's fine," I said. "Do you want me to stay over?"

       "Yes, please," she said.

       I gave her a thin smile and kissed her forehead. "I promise you I'll buy you another cupcake, okay?" 

       "Okay," she said before we walked into her house.

       Ginny's dad, Gary, immediately scoffed when he saw me. His wife, Gertrude, glared at him and I sighed before looking away from him. He hated me for some stupid reasons. He kept saying that I was too old for Ginny and that we were related.

       We were not related at all. My sister-in-law was Ginny's cousin, that's it. And I wasn't too old for Ginny. I was only three years older than her. Not a big deal.

       I made my way to the kitchen with Ginny following, knowing exactly what to do. Ginny wrapped her arms around me from behind, something she always did when she was in a bad mood and I was trying to do something.