Well This is Bad

If secrets were weights Nino weighed a million pounds, he felt like even moving his head was a struggle. Or maybe that was just how exhausted he was... damn he was tired. He and Adrien had been up incredibly late, trying to get adjusted and sneaking into Nino's apartment to get his weird floating god cat some cheese. Overall it had been incredibly weird and he still couldn't quite cope.

Nino slowly looked over, glancing at his best friend working quietly beside him. Adrien was taking notes, working diligently like he totally wasn't a superhero, like he absolutely didn't run around in a leather suit.

But Nino knew. He knew his friends surprisingly cat-themed secret.

Thinking about it out of context like that had quickly become one of Nino's greatest joys. Imagining Marinette as Ladybug had become inevitable but just thinking about posh, practiced Adrien Agreste in a full leather body suit and cat ears was just too much sometimes. I mean sure when he was suited up he was actually pretty cool and could destroy pretty much everything, actually no literally everything. You can't touch that, it's always going to be pretty cool, but the cat ears thing was just really really funny if you thought about it on its own. And the tail. Adrien running around with like, a tail-

"NINO!" a sharp voice suddenly shouted, making most students in the class jump but especially the poor boy the anger was focused on. For a second Nino was almost positive he had spaced out for half the day because only Ms. Mendeleiev was ever so harsh with students, but no it was typically calm sweet Ms. Bustier that got in his face then.

Nino gulped in fear, leaning back in his seat as the teacher planted her delicate hands forcefully down on his notebook, leaning forward and forcing him to retreat into himself slightly almost like a turtle.

Her red bun was a little messy, her entire posture tense as she attempted to reign in her almost entirely unreasonable irritation.

"Nino," she said again, a little more rationally this time, standing up straight again and pinching the bridge of her nose. "Please. Please focus, I am tired of watching you space out, ALL of this is going to be on the test."

Nino was staring at her frightfully, nodding quickly and grabbing his notebook to emphasize his intention to change his ways. Ms. Bustier huffed once before spinning on her heel, stalking stiffly back to the board and continuing to almost shout facts and information through her lecture.

Nino was staring obediently forward, waiting until she was well and distracted herself before turning to Adrien, hiding his mouth with his notebook as he mouthed, 'Dude whats up her butt?'

Adrien glanced to the side to catch the movement but just shrugged, not wanting to risk catching their teacher's uncharacteristic wrath as well.

Nino would have looked backwards to silently complain to his friends behind him too but there was no way he was going to get shouted at again like that, seeing something so harsh come from someone who was usually so collected was frightening.

Nino jumped again when suddenly Ms. Bustier was by her desk, slamming the wooden pointed she had started using against the flat surface and announcing in a tired voice, "Enough of this. We're doing a group project. Each of you separate into groups of four it doesn't matter who just please work quietly so I can get some things done."

Everyone shot sidelong glances at each other before separating into immediate predetermined groups. Each student had the people they typically picked, and Adrien and Nino were sitting close enough to the girls that they could immediately turn around and avoid Chloe altogether, who went to go mooch off of Kim and Max.

The boy picked up chairs to sit on either side of the girls, forced to scoot in sort of close. Adrien sat next to Marinette because she was the closest and the poor girl almost died, but Alya distracted everyone as she leaned forward to say, "Dude what is up with her today? She looks like she's going to eat somebody!"