Prologue

Screams, me and my sisters echoed in my ears, intermingled with the sound of dropping bodies. There was a deep pain in my chest. I woke up, chained down on a stone table. I was surrounded by a circle if candles, a snow and ice in a bowl lay on the ground by my feet, a bowl of white powder by my arms, and a vial of what appeared to be blood was by my head. The first things I noticed other than the pain, was that I was cold, very cold. I felt like I'd been dumped into the snow, stark naked, and left there for days. It also didn't help that there was no real fire for warmth, and that I was in what appeared to be in a cave. Footsteps echoed from a wall, and a middle aged woman, who in fact looked quite beautiful, appeared in my field of vision. She dabbed something that stung like hell on my chest.

"Who are you? What do you remember?" She asked. Her voice was soft, and calm. I didn't want to answer her, but suddenly all the will to not, left me.

"My name is Vespian Nix. I am prince of the kingdom of Sylvannus. My mother and father and king and queen, they died, and so did I." I paused. Why did I say that? I don't remember that happening. The woman say my confusion and laughed.

"Keep going dear." She said, taking out a needle. I winced as I felt it pierce my skin, and began to talk again.

"My sister is currently held hostage, soon to be queen with the prince of Magnus, the invading kingdom. Nix is no longer it's own kingdom." I remembered nothing else.

"good." She said, and finished stitching up my chest,"I give you free will." I sighed as if someone was pinching me hard and let go. I opened my mouth to let go of a flood of questions.

"Where am I? What happened to me? Who are you? What did you do to me?" I asked. She luaghed.

"Damn me , you're a talkative one. You are currently in a necromancer's ritual hall. You died, blade through the heart. You are part of the ritual that took place here. I am Galleth, a necromancer. You are lucky you get this chance. I don't bring random people back to life." She replied, as she undid the chains. I sat up. I was bare chested, but thankfully I had trousers on.

"Why?" I asked,"why me?" She smiled, a thin one.

"Your close to the throne, close enough to say it was stolen from you. I want to be that queen on the throne and you are helping me." She said coldly. All signs of warmth and kindness faded and I shuddered at the cold that had finally begun to effect me, and suddenly my will faded too.

"Cold?" She asked, her coldness fading. I nodded. She poured the powder into the bowl of snow and ice, and mixed it as it dissolved, then she poured the blood in. I watched.

"what's the powder?" I asked after a while of struggling.

"Crushed bone." She answered. When she was done she came back with a red liquid. I looked at it with disgust. She laughed.

"Drink it all. You can throw up later." She put the bowl in my hands. I looked at her with wide eyes. She smiled, then I found myself raising the bow to my lips. I hesitated.

"who's blood is this?" I asked. She pointed to herself, then forced the liquid into my mouth. I choked on it, spans grimaced in disgust at the taste, but soon it was all down. She forced a bucket into my hands, and I vomited. When I was done she handed me a glass of water. The coldness was no longer there. I looked at my chest to find a large scar, recently healed. The skin around it was pale. I drank the water quickly, feeling the cold water going down my throat.

"What if I don't want to help you?" I asked after finishing the water. Her smile was cold and vicious.

"I can control or end you." Galleth said bluntly. I sighed.

"Wonderful....what do you need me to do?" I asked. She smiled.

"business like are we? Killing basically. Of the the soldiers of Magnus of course." She said, grinning. I sighed, as she flicked dark brown hair out of her eyes.

"when do I get started?" I asked. She frowned.

"Your soul hasn't froze yet, so I need to wait, which reminds me..." She forced me to stay still and silent as she locked shackles back on my hands and legs. She set me free after that. I looked at her, from my now lying down position.

"what do you mean my soul hasn't frozen over?" I asked. A deep cold struck me again, and she smiled.

"Feel that cold? It's begun. It'll bound your soul to you basically and add some more things. Also, that coldness is going to get worse and worse, and become painful, so good luck." She with an uncaring attitude, then she got up and left. The door locked behind her. First I began to shiver and quiver, next I curled up into a ball the best I could and shivered, then the pain struck me. I moved against the chains, and screamed for it to stop, for her to do something about it, for anything to alleviate it. It felt like I was being burnt alive, just not with flames. Galleth came into the room on my fifth day of torment. I looked at her, my throat too broken to scream anymore. Her smile was irritating as I felt her control me. She forced me to sleep.

I awoke in a clean room, a blanket covering me. The cold was gone,and I was warm and comfortable. I looked around. Was I dreaming? I try to get up,but a chain kept me to the bed. I swore. I wasn't dreaming.

"Stay asleep." A voice said from the side. I moved my head to the left and see the brown haired, brown eyed Galleth.

"What happened to me?" I asked, ignoring her order. She looked at me.

"Your soul is permanently frozen. You have a good control over ice now though." She added. I conjured and spun an icicle between my fingers.

"I see." I let it melt. She pushed my down on my chest, forcing me back to lying down.

"now sleep." She said more forcefully. I put my head down and closed my eyes.

"He was always kind, protective, war, and respectful. Today we mourn the unfortunate death of Prince Vespian Nix of Nix. He was stabbed through the chest, and pushed from the window of the king and queen's bedroom. His body was never found. To where ever he is, may he rest in peace. Princess Lyru, do you wish to say some words?" A young girl, around the age of 10, steps in front of three coffins, one which was empty. Her blue eyes showed sadness, and her brown hair covers them slightly. Her black clad body shakes slightly.

"My father was always a kind man. He loved my mother, me and Vespian. My mother was strict, but she was also loving. I love the way she would rub my head with a towel to dry it. Vespian was an amazing brother. He never minded when I needed help, or when I wanted to play games with him." She breaks down into tears. Pure white roses lie on the coffin lids, but the rose wreath on the empty coffin seems slightly withered.

"That is enough. Get this formality over with!" Snaps a man with a dark brown beard and amber eyes. That man is king of the invading country of Magnus, King Despriuos Sigil. Lyru breaks down into more tears. He scowls and muttered to a guard to take her from the area of the coffins. She was lead back to the Despriuos. His son, Kyrios watched with slight amusement in his eyes.

The coffins were soon buried in the royal graveyard. Princess Lyru would soon have more sorrows, and Prince Vespian would soon be forced to do hideous things.