Chapter 03

After their encounter, James and Aleks were somewhat distant. They spent the next few days avoiding the other’s company, focusing on their own projects. However, they were forced to cooperate when it came to the Hub videos.

The other creatures didn’t question their odd behaviour, they had presumed it was just a petty fight. Neither Aleks, nor James had spoken to anyone about what had happened. They weren’t even sure themselves about what exactly had happened.

So, James had more of an opportunity to think about Aleks’ previous actions. Aleks wasn’t really the type to be physically affectionate to anyone. While James wasn’t really either, but he didn’t run away from an embrace with his fellow creatures, the way that Aleks did.

The awkward tension between them dissipated though. They slowly got back into the rhythm of their typical banter.

Aleks would be always the one to hang back after the other creatures had left, to help clean up or just continue to muck around playing games.

James always felt better when Aleks was around. The younger creature knew exactly which buttons to press to get James laughing or yelling in rage. It was never real anger, Aleks seemed to understand that. They both knew the other well enough and never took any offense to anything the other said.

Aleks was currently getting ready to retire to bed after a long day. He had been recording with the rest of creatures, but he had also spent some time with James.

They had ordered pizza, and just watched some shitty tv series.

Aleks thought back to the certain moment when he was helping James clean up.

He had been standing at the sink in the kitchen washing up, while James took the opportunity to collect and hand over every single dirty dish in the house.

Aleks saw the pile of dishes grow larger and larger over the following minutes.

Once James had finished finding dishes, he just stopped and leaned against the counter with a smirk on his face.

Aleks had just stared back blankly, “Yo, what the fuck?”

“You offered to clean the dishes, so I took your offer” James answered

“Damn it James, I didn’t mean all your dirty dishes!” Aleks replied. “I’m not cleaning all of these, you stupid fuck.”

James just laughed, ”You fucking offered,” he said as he walked away.

“Where the fuck are you going?” Aleks raised his voice as he heard James footsteps disappear further into the house.

“You’re an asshole…” Aleks mumbled under his breath, as he started the dishes. He continued to mumble and do bad impersonations of him in mockery.

Eventually, he had stopped making fun of James and was more concentrated on getting the dishes done as fast as possible.

But suddenly ,he felt a small tingle run up his spine.

He almost jumped out of his skin when he heard James whisper closely in his ear, “Oh Aleks…”

“Fuck! Dude! What the fuck was that for? That was some slender shit, don’t fucking do that, you fucker!” Aleks yelled.

Aleks tried to turn around when realised that James had trapped him.

James had his torso lightly pressed to his back, making it difficult at the time to turn around.

He turned his head to the side to try get a good look at him.

Aleks had seen out of the corner of his eye that the dimples in his cheeks were showing while he laughed.

He liked those dimples. It made James’ face look softer.

He cleared his throat, hoping that that would also clear his thought pattern.

“Fuck off James! You’re an absolute ass,” he said, thinking James would back off.

James stood there for a few more moments chuckling under his breath, “Hey man, not my fault you’re a little bitch.”

As James moved away, he had slid his arm across Aleks’ lower back sending shivers throughout his body.

Aleks shot James a confused look but James either didn’t notice, or ignored it. As he started putting away the clean dishes.

As Aleks thought back to earlier that night he could feel his eyes become heavier. Sleep was taking over his body and soon he was drifting off…

There was a familiar cloudy daze all around him, he had felt this before but his mind was too much of a mess to make any sense of it. Aleks shuddered as he felt a pair of hands caress his body. They lightly grazed his bare skin making him softly cry out.

As the hands continued, a set of skillful lips latched onto the side of his neck. Lewd noises escaped his mouth as the lips kissed and sucked on sensitive areas.

He reached out wanting to feel the other, who was shamelessly touching him. His hands collided with shoulders, they were wider than any girls he had been with.

He ran his hands along those strong shoulders to where it met neck. He expected to run his hands through long, luscious hair finding only very short, curly hair. Though it did not disappoint him, it did the opposite. Excitement coursed it’s way through his veins, he struggled to get closer.

“Aleks…”

A whisper in his ear. The voice was so intoxicating. He knew that voice, he had heard it so many times.

He felt the brush of stubble against his cheek. Lips were suddenly on his in with intensity.

He kissed back with all his might. Those lips manipulated him like no other ever had. He moaned into them.

As he pried himself away from those commanding lips, to catch his breath. The other pulled away completely.

“Aleksandr,”

The fog was lifted immediately. Aleks sat straight in bed, lungs craving oxygen. He hadn’t had such an intense dream in so long. His heavy breathing filled the silence of the bedroom.

“What the fuck? James? James?!” He groaned out loudly.

Minutes felt like hours as he lay back, questioning if he really had that type of dream about one of his closest friends.

Aleks barely got any sleep for the rest of the night. Too flustered and slightly scared to fall back asleep.

_______________

A/N: I'm really sorry for being super late with this one. I've been very busy with stuff going on in my life at the moment. And another humongous thanks to 0palsea!