Slowly learning.

Hii all! These "***" indicates small flashbacks within this chapter. Thanks for reading. ^-^
Shereen;

Sweat drips from my chin and onto the dance floor where we practice. I feel like I can no longer do these dance routines, but my legs keep moving, and my arms stay on beat with them.

"You always practice so hard." I hear a voice echo through a now empty dance room. I turn to see Ali; a fellow dancer. Her hair is a light, vibrant gray, and she wears it up in a pony. It complements her softly Sunkist skin and ocean blue eyes. Her skills as a dancer are good, but if she had practiced a bit more I think she could be better, even better than me in some areas.

"It's time to go? I actually want to make sure I've got the routine down." I say, continuing on with my practice. Time is always slipping away from me now. I need to do what I came here for, and that's to dance my butt off.

"A break never hurts" Ali protests, and it makes me chuckle.

"My break is when I sleep." I tell her, hoping she would drop the conversation.

"Well, I mean these sandwiches won't eat themselves." She says, holding up a bag that says "Subway."

My stomach growls a bit, and I give in to the food.

Ali, takes her last bit of her foot long, and I had finished mintues ago.

"I wish I could have as much energy and focus as you do." She says, looking at me with glossy eyes. She look like she hasn't slept in a few days, and maybe she hadn't.

"What do you mean?" I ask, seeking clarification of her statement.

"You just seem... like there's nothing that can stop you from getting to where you want to be." She explains briefly.

"I have my movtives." I say, letting a memory of Lanai's face pop into my mind.

"See? I don't have that. I wish that I did though." She confesses, and I could tell that she didn't have that, and that she wanted it more than anything.

"You don't have any family back home?" I ask, curiously.

She takes a long pause, longer than needed if you ask me.

"I grew up as an orphan." She says, looking at me to see my reaction. Her eyebrows frown at me, and she puts her had on her full belly.

"That's your motovation." I say, continuing on, "You should use that as your motivation to do better than anyone else in here. People aren't expecting much from since you've grown up without the basic emotional needs of biological parents. Show them that it doesn't matter. Show them that you can make it through anything without thoes emotional needs." I say, hoping that she takes my advice.

I scratch out my arms, getting ready to get up, but she grads hold of my hand.

"Will you help me do that?" She askes, but her eyes seem to beg.

"Ali, at the end of the day the only person that can help you--"

"Is myself, yeah, yeah. I know." She says finishing my sentence, but she still puts off a vide of misunderstanding of the quote itself.

"Then don't ask irrelevant questions." I say, maybe a bit too harsh. Her face turns a deep red of embarrassment.

I stand, gathering my things.

"Help me with my dancing then." She says with her hands on her hips.

"Sounds more of a demand than a question." I say, throwing my bag over my shoulder.