Chapter 12

A/N - Read important notice at the bottom please!

Day 7

Chase sighed, as he looked up at the darkness of the tarp above him and Matthew.  The purple-ette (Is that a thing?) stole a glance at his friend who was sleeping peacefully next to him.  Suddenly feeling jealous that his friend got his sleep but he didn't, Chase pouted.  So, in need of some sleep, he went to a tactic he had lost not a few weeks ago.

He started counting sheep.

Chase closed his eyes and began to imagine white fluffy sheep jumping over a fence.  A smile on his face, he began to count out loud in a low whisper,"One... two... three..." By ten, the boy can already feel sleep take-over him.  However, just before he could fully fall asleep, he heard footsteps.

His eyes snapped open, instantly becoming cautious of his surroundings.  Slightly propping himself up with an arm, he inspected the camp.  More footsteps were heard, and the boy began freaking out,"What if it's a monster?  What do I do then!?  More or less... what if it's that Nova guy?!"

Chase heard the footsteps coming nearer, freaking him out even more.  A figure then came into view, and Chase instantly recognized it as Rosa.  In relief, he sent out a sigh, before looking up at Rosa with a smile,"Oh Rosa, you do not know how much yo -" He stopped talking, when Rosa just passed by him.

"Rosa?" He asked, confused as to why the girl was ignoring him.  She wasn't sleep-walking for her eyes were open - Chase knew that much.

Though it was hard to see anything in the dark, at closer inspection, Chase could see Rosa holding something in her hands.

The boy didn't say anything more, as he watched Rosa go through the bushes where Zach had gone through when he found Meghan.

Out of curiosity - and since he couldn't sleep anyways - Chase got up and decided to follow the blond girl.

~~~~~

The moonlight shone brightly through the bars of the dark room, as Nova stared at the unconscious Oliver.  The brunette was back to his old spot, detained to the wall.  Finally getting bored, Nova returned to his room.

However, he didn't head to his bed to sleep.  Instead, he went to his porch and stood outside, letting the moonlight bask him.  He smiled and looked down at the village.  There were few people still out, but most of them had already returned to the safety and warmth of their homes.

His eyebrows scrunched together, and his face turned to one of sour taste,"Warmth?  Safety?  We didn't have that back then..."

The boy was so lost in his thoughts, that he didn't hear the door to his room open and close, nor did he hear the footsteps that stopped beside him.  He only noticed when a voice silently asked,"What is our next plan of action, sir?"

Nova was quiet for some time, before responding with -,"Nothing... we will let those Zodiacs-to-be do their job.  Once they find a piece, we will make our move and get the piece from them,"

The guard nodded, before turning around and leaving.  Nova looked sadly down at his hands that were folded on the railing of his balcony.  He remembered a conversation he had earlier with Oliver while he was still awake.

"Why are you doing this?!" Oliver had asked him.

Nova didn't know what so say, and only responded with,"You won't understand... you don't know how it feels like to lose everything you have in a single day..."

Oliver hadn't said anything else after, and they were in an awkward silence, just staring at each other.

Now thinking about it, Nova was brought back to the memories of his past...