Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Aleena's P.O.V

Sometimes I wonder what life really is. What it’s supposed to be. Is it always supposed to be a mystery? Is it a journey? I honestly don’t know. I wonder what my life will turn out to be. Yes I know I’m only 17 and I’m doing year 12 (6th form), but I can’t help but wonder if this is what my life is supposed to be. I mean nearly everyone knows what they want to be. Everyone knows what they want to make out of life. But me? I have no clue. Absolutely no idea. You know when people tell you that everything will work out in the end and to not stress over it? Well I do stress and I worry a lot.

“Aleena, what are you doing?” My mother’s voice brought me back to reality and broke my chain of thoughts. That’s when I realised my phone was ringing on the desk.

“Nothing mom, I was just thinking” I had always been close to my mom. She was there when I doubted myself and thought I wasn’t good enough. She always understood everything and would say the right thing that would instantly lighten my mood.

“Oh honey, something stressing you out? You know I’m here if you need to talk right?”

“I know, but it’s okay. I was just thinking about things. Everything to be honest.” I said while nodding.

She gave me a weak smile and walked away after closing my bedroom door. My phone started ringing again and this time I got up of my bed and walked over to it. Alexia, or Lexi as she likes to be called. We had grown quite close over the four weeks I had been here.

“Heya! How you doing?" I asked, I knew she was going to be rambling for some time so I went and lay back down on my bed. She’s a ball of energy to be honest. She has that positive vibe to her that lightens up every negative thing. She won’t take no for an answer and honestly I love her! We’ve known each other for nearly a month and she’s already my best friend.

I listened to her ramble on about how it was her aunts daughter’s wedding next weekend and how she needed me to go help her pick out a dress. Realising there was no point in arguing with my best friend I said bye and hung up. Walking up to my closet, I decide on black skinny jeans, a white leather jacket and a white tank top. I do have a lot of tank tops if you’re wondering. I made my way downstairs, after leaving a note for my mom I started to walk outside. I don’t have a car yet but I know my parents are going to get me one soon.

Lexi’s car turned around the corner and made its way up to my drive. Yes, she was loaded as well. As I made my way down to the passenger seat, my phone vibrated in my back pocket. Taking it out to read the message, I stopped walking. As soon as I saw what it said I started trembling. Shaking all over. I started feeling numb before all sort of emotions started pouring through me, anger, sadness, disgust. Most of all the emotion that I hated more than anything, fear…

**********----------------------------------------**********