Chapter 46

Chapter 46

2 days later

''Okay, that's it for today, Camila. You can lay back down again.'' Lexa says, watching carefully as the astronaut moves back to her hospital bed wearily.

''Alright.'' Camila mutters, pushing herself back into her bed. Lexa has been helping her recover from her incredible exhaustion and getting her muscle strength back. Camila has been in bed to rest for three days now with the occasional exercise under Lexa's supervision.

''You've done well. Seeing what you are able to do now tells me you gained your strength back a lot quicker than normal, because you've been forcing yourself to keep going for days. So that part is well on its way to a nice recovery. But the exhaustion is something we need to be careful with. Like it or not, you will have to take your rest. At least for this week and then we can see if things are better next week.'' Lexa tells her, scribbling down stats about the exercise Camila just did in her notebook.

''Yeah, I expected that. And that's okay. I mean, the normal procedure to complete recovery takes around 6 months, right?'' Camila asks and Lexa nods.

''Depends, but yes. Most astronauts coming back from a half year mission take around seven months. You've been gone for 2 months with Brody and then... 3 weeks with Lauren?''

Camila shrugs. ''Something like that. I've lost the days completely, I have no idea anymore how long I was actually up there.'' She admits, making Lexa nod in understanding.

''Well that's not of much importance anyway. We just need to focus on your recovery. It's going well so far, so keep on going like this and you'll be up and running again soon.'' Lexa says, handing Camila a cup of water and a towel to wipe the sweat off her forehead.

''Great, thanks.'' Camila mutters before gulping down her water and wiping her face. Then she lays back against her pillow and lets out a deep sigh. ''Do you know when Lauren will be back?''

''Not sure. She's training with Clarke now in an empty room a couple floors down.'' Lexa answers absentmindedly, focusing on finishing up her paper work.

Camila hums. ''How is Clarke?'' she asks, turning her eyes towards the ceiling.

''Please Camila, not again. I'm not in the mood for your teasing.'' Lexa answers immediately, not looking up from her papers at all.

Camila rolls her eyes and looks at the medical student. ''I'm not teasing, just asking. Isn't it nice to talk about the girl you're in love with?'' she asks, earning an annoyed sigh from Lexa and a roll of her eyes.

''I'm not..-'' she starts, but Camila interrupts her.

''Oh please, shut up. Have you noticed the way you look at her? It's so obvious from both of you yet you still haven't done anything with it. How come?'' she asks interestedly. After all her teasing and her and Dinah's remarks, nothing has changed between the two students.

''Um, because we were busy with saving your girlfriend and your son, maybe?'' Lexa sasses, earning another eye-roll from Camila.

''Come on Lex, I'm trying to have a real conversation about this with you. You can talk to me.'' She encourages, making the student sigh and shake her head.

''I don't know, okay? I'm just scared she doesn't like me. I mean, because of everything that happened we were forced to work together closely and spend a lot of time together. But that was work and a rescue mission. What if she doesn't like me outside of work?'' Lexa mutters softly, letting her papers rest in her lap while looking up at the astronaut with insecure eyes.

Camila nods and takes a moment to think about her reply, watching Lexa relax a little in her chair from not getting a teasing response from the astronaut.