How To Save A Life

Morgan's POV

Today is the first day of high school. I feel mature, smart, and happy. But there's one set-back. His name is Jack Smite. He used to be my best friend. We'd hang out all the time, never leaving each other's side. Until one day he decided he was too cool to hang out with girls and broke our friendship through email in 6th grade. Who brakes a friendship through email? Anyways, 7th and 8th grade were so awkward and there was so much tension. Now we don't even talk, but things are better that way.

I walk in the school, seeing one of my best friends, Shannon Baumer. She's been my best friend since 5th grade.

"Hey Shannizles!" I say.

"Ugh don't call me that. Anyways, did you hear Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner might be dating?" She said.

Oh, did I mention I love One Direction? My favorite is Niall, while she is lovestruck over Harry.

"Yeah, I have a tumblr too you know." I said.

"That bitch is stealing my man!" She said, irritation coming from her voice.

"Relax, she's just thirsty for attention. And even if they are dating, it's not gonna last." I reassure her.

"Ok, thanks." She said, more coonfidence rising in her voice.

We walk to our lockers, seperating us to different places. I walk to my locker, only to bump into the last person I wanna see right now. Jack Smite.

"Hey Bitch." He said, his friends laughing behind him.

"Hey Douche." I say, as I heard a bit of giggling from my fake bully Andrew Gordon, who introduced me and Jack in the first place. He's actually one of my best friends.

"You've got confidence don't you?" He said, giving me a smirk.

"I always have, Jack. You know that." I replied.

"We'll see about that." He said, walking away.

"Hey!" Andrew said, giving me a hug.

"Hey Andrew!" I say. I'm actually very excited to see him.

"Jack is such a douche isn't he? I don't know what got into him." He said.

"It's fine. I won't let him bother me." I say. Well let's just say I was wrong.

"Hey slut." Oh great... Jack's back.

"What do you want now Jack?" I ask, an annoyed tone emanating from my voice.

"I'd watch the tone if I were you." He said.

"Why? It's not like you can punch me or anything. If you did people would know you're an ass." I stated.

"We'll see about that..." He said, giving me a grimacing smirk.

What was that for? And what does he mean by 'We'll see about that'? I guess he's just messing with me. Or... maybe not.

The first bell rang, signaling all the kids to go to their first classes. I go to my first class. Geometry. Ugh. Why do I have to do math in the morning? I'm already tired enough as it is. I walk into the class, only to see him there. Ugh. I have math with Jack in the morning? Worst combination EVER. I walk over to the seat farthest away possible from him. I try to pay attention, only to get a note.  I open it up.

Meet me behind the school today bitch or else.

~JS

Wow. He thinks he can tell me what to do. Ass. Oh well, I can't change the way he is. The bell rings again, signaling all the kids to their next class. I pull out my schedule with my classes look at the next class. Music. Music isn't bad. I actually love singing and playing music. I walk to the music room, seeing about 15 kids sitting there. The teacher wasn't here yet, so they were engolfed in conversation. All the kids there I didn't really know, except for this one girl. I think Rose was her name? I don't know.