Shattered- 02

Calum Thomas Hood

There was loud music echoing through brain and lots of people around me. The alcohol in my cup burned the back of my throat as Lacie grinder against me. This is how I spend my weekends. Drinks, parties, girls, sex, drugs, and alcohol. My head hurt and I wanted nothing more than to go home. But I'm a junior in high school this Is what everyone does and I'm Calum Hood I have a reputation. I got out of my mind and paid some attention to Lacie.

She was pissed drunk and she thought I had feelings for her when I really didn't. I didn't have feelings for girls. Girl friends weren't my thing and everyone knew that.

After the party me and Lacie went to my house. She begged and begged to come and I was to drunk and high to deny her. I gave her what she wanted. Sex. That's all she wanted.

The next morning I woke her up and told her to get out. She said that we could spend the day together and be together. But I told her she meant nothing to me and she was just a whore. She cried and cried and she sloppily left my place. I didn't mean to hurt girls but that's all I knew. After all that's all I've ever seen from men. My dad was an alcoholic and a cheater. He physically abused my mom while they were together and he beat me and my sister. I was he youngest one I wanted to stand up for them but what could I do. Finally when I was 15 he was sent to jail for domestic abuse against a bartender and it came out that he also was beating us so they sentenced him longer. Nobody knew about this but me and the boys. I've only been in love once in my life. After years of trying to not be my father, this girl hurt me so bad I soon became him. I have no respect for girls all they do is use you and hurt you. I will not fall in love. Never. Ever.

It was about 11 am and I was laying in bed. I was really sad today and I wanted to just stay in bed. The black paint or the band posters didn't really help lighten my day. I turned towards my wall to try and get some sleep.

I was awaken by the ringtone of my phone. My phone read Ashton.

"Hello " I groggily said

"Hey mate" He happily said "still a bit hungover?"  He basically yelled into the phone being a smart ass

"Clearly, what do you want?" I replied

"We're going to Starbucks around 1:30 you coming?"

" Sure see you then" And with that I hung up the phone.

It was only 12:00 so I had time. I hopped in the shower and I put on a pretty basic outfit.
It was some black ripped jeans, a black tee shirt, and a flannel over top. For shoes I put on some high top black vans. I didn't wanna stink so I popped on some cologne. Since my hair was wet from my shower I just blow dryer it until it was fluffy and put on a beanie. I also added a black watch just for the affect that
I cared what I looked like.

I probably would go out tonight and I don't plan on changing

I probably would go out tonight and I don't plan on changing. After I was all ready Ashton was waiting outside for me with the boys.
When we walk in I see Harley Thompson. I have had a crush on Harley since forever. But I will never go out with her because I'm me and she's her and I'm pretty sure she hates my guts. We're in line and I turn my head around and accidentally make eye contact with Harley.
"Is that girl staring at you" I hear Michael mumble he notices I'm looking back
I slam back to reality and give Harley a smart remark. She looks embarrassed and sad. So she leaves. And her friend follows, I feel bad but I let it go. After we get our drinks we walk outside and I see Harley in the car park about to leave. She lifts her head at the sound of our voices and I'm glad I see her face. We make eye contact again and the reminder of what happened in Starbucks causes a wave of guilt to wash over me. Since I'm a little bitch I roll my eyes and make a joke to the boys. She screeches her car away and I know she hates me even more.
We all get back in Michaels car and everyone is happy except me.
"What's wrong Calum?" Luke says
"Nothing" I grumble "Ash just take me home I don't want to hang"
"Sure thing chicken wing" He responds

As soon as I get in my room I pull out my guitar and my song book. I continue to write songs that Harley have inspired. I'm finishing up one called " Unpredictable". If I ever took Harley out on a date this song would work so well for it. But I know I never will because age deserves someone better than me.
"So lets goooo till we lost control and we'll stumble through it all let's do something new and unpredictable" I sing

I look at the clock and it's already 4 I sigh seeing as my whole day has been a waste. I go on snapchat to pass the time. I need some more view so I press on the ghost to look at my quick adds. I see harleyyy.182 on my list.
Eeeerk. I squeal. Yes. I'm almost a grown man who just squealed. I finally get the balls and I add her. Now to see if she'll add me back.
My phone vibrates and I'm hoping it's from snapchat but it's just from Ashton.
Ashton:
Party tonight at Ashlynn's sisters come now it's lit.
Calum:
Aye I'll be there
Ashton:
I might finally get the guts to talk to Ashlynn so pray for me.
Calum
Ard. Don't sweat ashy.

Ashton has liked this girl since like the 8th grade when she moved here. Ashlynn is pretty with a good body but not my type. She's actually a friend of Harley's. Ashtonlikes to think he's a cool guy like myself, buttt he's not. He actually is super nerdy and annoying at times.
I put my phone on the charger and start driving to the party.