Chapter 3 - The Job

I threw the blankets off my bed and hopped onto my computer. I just remembered ALL the things I had to do. First things first, I searched up "Camera Face" on Google. (I was gonna break the fourth wall, but I won't. I also actually searched up "Camera Face" on Google for this chapter) I sighed, just pictures of people holding a camera in front of their face. I hid my camera and walked out of my room. I saw Shelby eating waffles, I got on the floor and snuck up on her "SHELBY I NEED BREAKFAST!" I exclaimed. "What do you want?" She asked. Seemed I didn't surprise her. "I want baconnn!" I answered while getting off the floor. (Bacon Mannn NOOOOO)

"Make it yourself,"

"You sound just like Nick,"

"You always say that!"

"I guess I do,"

"Sounds like you were in love with him,"

"I just miss my fwriends- uh fwriend,"

           "Aren't you gonna make bacon?" Shelby asked. "I can barely cook Shumpie, can't I just have some of your waffles?," I replied. She held the plate out and I took a waffle. "You make your own cookies, there's no way that you can't cook,". I laughed and then I remembered that I needed a job. I wonder if Shelby would want to work with me. "Shelby, I just remembered that I need a job. Do you think cooking would be fun?" I asked, taking a bite of the waffle. "Sure, I can cook. Kinda? Do you want to finsh you breakfast first?" she answered. "Nope, I wanted bacon anyway,". I wonder what my friends would think of me. I don't hate the outdoors anynore! Well I kinda hate it, heights, snakes, feral neighborhood cats and that one time Nick took me camping.

(Time skidaddle! Yeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyeye!)

              "There's a sweets place here?" I asked. "You didn't know that? It's in the mall," Shelby answered. What? When was there a mall. "There's a mall?". She looked surprised, then again I don't get out much. We walked into the mall. I looked around and saw a bunch of stores. I saw the sweets store, it had cookies and stuff on display. "I didn't even know this place existed!" I exclaimed "Seems like my kind of place, there's cookies,". I bet they're not as good as mine though, but I'll keep that thought to myself. "So what do we have to do? Are we cooking?" I ask. "You are, I'm gonna be serving stuff," said Shelby. What. Nope. "Nope, nope, nope. Shelby I can only make cookies!" I didn't want to fail this job, especially if I'd only be there for barely half an hour. "There should be another person here soon, so you make cookies and they'll make other stuff!" She replied. There's others? Did we come early or something. Sounds like something Shelby would do, showing up super early.

(Time skidaddle again... I'm sorry, lazy author is lazy)

             We had to close the shop, well Shelby had to, but I had to wait for her. She came out and locked the doors. "Wait! Shumpie I left something!" I said. "Seriously? I just locked it," she sighed. She unlocked it and I ran in. I had left my hoodie in the kitchen. I grabbed it and ran back out. Shelby yelled something "Cory be-,". I had forgotten that the floor was wet and slipped. "Cory are you okay?" Shelby asked. My vision was kinda blurry, hope it's only temporary and my head hurt. I think I got another crack in my lens, so now I had two. "Y-yeah, I'm perfectly fine," I lied. "Are you sure? I heard something crack," Shelby is the kind of person who makes sure you're okay, she makes sure you're completely okay. "Probably just my phone Shelbs," I said standing up. It was kinda hard to walk with my vision blurred, but I made it to the apartment. I don't think she noticed anything.

               Cory was acting weird. I hope he was okay, I don't want him to be hurt. He wobbled a bit with each step and held the right side of his head. "Cory is your head okay? I swear, I heard a crack!" I exclaimed. "I'm fine, my head just hurts a little," he answered. "I think you go to sleep," I suggested worriedly. He blushed. "O-Okay Shumpie," he murmured. (Tried to auto correct murmur and I died) He stumbled to his room. He looked funny walking like that, so I had to try and stiffle a laugh. Is he hiding something?

                 She cares about me. She cares about me. She's also catching on, which is bad. I opened up my laptop and looked at my reflection, yup I had two cracks now. My vision was getting clearer, but my head still hurt. I decided to give in to sleep. I felt like a kid. A sick kid, who's mom sent him to bed because she cared. Did I like Shelby, kinda. Did Shelby like me, probably not. Nobody would want to be friends with a camera.

                 After awhile I got tired. I poked my head into Cory's room, he was sleeping. Good. I walked into my oen room and yawned. I put on pajamas and jumped onto my bed and went alsleep.

"Are you okay Cory?" I ask. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," he answers. We walk on the sidewalk,he falls down. "Cory you're not okay!" I exclaim. He doesn't reply. We walk again and he falls again and it continues like this for awhile, until he falls.. and disapears. He turns into black dust, which gets carried away by the wind. Then I notice it. That it spells out something: SECRET. "What's the secret!" I yell "Cory! Tell me!". The black dust is carried away for good. It's gone now.

          Cory has a secret? No, no it's just my dreams. It's what I think not what I know. I just want him to be safe.