Coming Out

Mason's POV
I got my room set up for my sleepover tonight with my best friend, Liam. Every night since I was 5 and he was almost 6 we did this. Our moms grew up together so when my mom got pregnant few months after Liam's mom we just clicked.
I heard the door bell after I set the bowl of junk food on my night stand.
"I got it!"
I yelled running down the stairs before my mom or dad could open the door.
"Liam?" My dad asked from living room. I ignored him as I ran to the door.
I smiled seeing Liam in his usual button up blue shirt open with a band shirt under it. He maybe twelve but he likes bands that have a lot of cuss words like Green Day.
"Let's go I got all the stuff ready."
Walking up the stairs Liam followed me, but before we could make it all the way to the top with his sleeping bag my mother called called up to us "Boys dinner is done."
Groaning I looked at my mother. She was looking up at us before going to my father.
"I'll take my bag up and be down in minute." Liam said I nodded before walking down.
Sitting across my parents I tried to eat as quickly as I could. Tonight I was going to finally tell Liam my secret. Throughout the night Liam answered all of my moms questions.
"I don't want to start middle school tomorrow. I wish it stayed summer forever."
Liam said to my father who asked if he's ready for school.
"But good grades are better then the summer." My father said to him.
"Yes sir." Liam answered. I smiled at him. He was different then us but my parents still treated him like he was there son. Just like his parents treated me like I was there own.
In my bed I was waiting for Liam. Nervous with how he would react. I fiddled with my pj shirt as the conversation kept up.
Liam walked out of my bathroom connected to my bedroom. He had no shirt on making me blush and look away.
"What? It's nothing you've never seen before."
As he said that my blush deepened, he has no idea. When I felt my bed sink next to me I peaked over and saw he was dressed in a new band shirt. Smiling I looked at the band Fall Out Boy shirt that he was wearing. He played me one of their songs this summer. The summer that changed everything.
"Hey Liam I have to tell you something."
"What?"
I smiled at his hair ruffled most of dried it from a towel before coming out of my bathroom. I blushed.
"I..I want you to know I hope we can stay friends.."
Liam sat up moving to my feet. I crossed them Indian style scared that he was going to leave me.
"Why would I leave? Your scaring me Mas." He said concerned.
I looked in my lap sighing.
"We-ll I never been kissed. It's silly –"
"Why would I leave you?"
"I heard that weekend you left with your parents you know back at Alaska ..that Amy was there..and she kissed you."
Liam eyes went huge as he laughed.
"Your kidding!?"
He Laughed harder as I was confused on why he was laughing at me! Amy's best friend went to my parents church and she told the kids at the playground.
"Let me guess we kissed with tongue too?"
I blushed nodding slowly.
"Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble but who ever told you that lied. Amy was with her parents the whole trip. I would tell you if I been kissed."
I nodded before going to get off my bed.
"Wait Mas."
I stopped looking at Liam.
"Yes Li?"
"What if we kissed, you know? Get it out the way?"
I was shocked now. Did I hear him right?
"What-t?"
"You know that way when we get girlfriends we won't be such suckers at it."
I laughed smiling a little.
"That make sense."
I got up and closed my door quietly to not wake my parents. Seeing the clock read 11:20pm. Sitting back down I felt nervous. My first kiss was about to be taken.
"You sure Li? What if I'm bad–"
"How am I suppose to know? I've never been kissed either."
Liam had a point. Sighing under my breathe I leaned back but sat up again quickly.
"Maybe we shouldn't –"
I got caught off by lips on mine. Shocked I felt Liam's lips on mine. My eyes closed as I felt myself kiss back. Liam moved closer to me slowly blushing in the kiss I smiled in the kiss. Liam hands were touching my neck as he moved them up to hold my face. I didn't know where to put my hands so I kept them around his waist. It felt so quick, that when Liam pulled away my eyes closed as I felt my stomach do back flips with butterflies flying.
"Liam.."
When I spoke my voice was a whisper but my bed moved. I opened my eyes quickly seeing Liam get up and go to my bathroom quickly. Looking at clock I read 11:24am. Standing up quickly I woke up my computer reading the date. August 27, 2006.
I picked up notebook scribbling date and time from start of kiss and end of it. Then wrote first kiss. Smiling at the notebook I hid it in my underwear drawer. Sitting back on my bed I waited for Liam. Confused on why he didn't come out of the bathroom yet. I heard the sink on with light on from under the door.