Killing me softly

Liam's P.O.V

'Why did I do that??' I thought angrily as I washed my face. 'This can't be happening....'

But it did happen... I kissed my best friend Mason... Who's a dude... When I'm a dude too... Fuck. I mean it was my idea, but I didn't think I'd end up feeling... Like... This? What the hell am I even feeling?? Cuz I swear I'm about to set every butterflies wing on fire if they keep fucking with my stomach.

'I need to look for my mate' I thought gripping the sink tightly. 'Mom and dad said that should be top priority.'

A few months ago my parents took me to Alaska and decided to tell me everything about us. How we came from a long line of werewolves who's pack is from Beacon Hills. They told me some stuff that sounded more like legends and myths. Sure when they first told me I thought they went a little nuts and I would have to call someone. That is until I saw them turn... Then it just went to shit real quick. When I say it went to shit, I mean I ran. Don't judge me!! What would you do if you saw your parent magically turn into a dog man thing?? I did what any normal person would do, I ran.

Admittedly I didn't get very far, what with them being faster than any normal person, but hey... I tried.  When they caught me they said they had to tell me the truth because I was at the age where I would turn. Course I didn't wanna believe them. Who would? And being the little twerp that I am I told them that. They just shook their heads and said I didn't have to believe them but it would happen either way. I just rolled my eyes and ignored them as I walked back into the cabin we were staying in.

I wish I listened... I really do... That night just so happened to be a full moon, I think you guys can connect the dots. In all honesty I wish I could say what had happened that night, but all I remember was a burning pain shooting through my body and than... Nothing. I remember when I woke up my parents where sitting next to me in the middle of the woods while I was as naked as the day I was born.

When I asked them why I was naked in the woods they told me I changed. Me. A human... Or that's what I thought any ways. I just thought they where totally messing with me, but the days after that where just... Weird? Hectic? I could smell things I never would have been able to smell before, like how Mrs. Johnson ate bacon for breakfast even when she says she's a vegetarian. Or how Mr. Kohl smelled like Mrs. Carrinson, even though Mrs. Carrison on was married to someone else. I could even hear conversation happening a street over if I tried hard enough.

The worst part was the dreams. GOD! The dreams! Every night after the night of the full moon I've had these... Nightmares or something. It always starts off the same. I'm slipping into my bed for the night. I'm singing or sometimes I'm playing with my football when I look out my window, and I see them, these hungry yellow eyes. Staring, right at me. The monster raises its claw and scratches the window, slowly, viciously, all the while it just watches me, stares at my very soul. Then suddenly the window breaks as the monster tears it's way into my room. When that happens I run out of my room screaming for my parents, Mason, Mr. And Mrs. Hewitt, anyone who would help. I run for what seems like hours as I feel the beast on my heels. Hunting me. The dream always ends the same way. I run into a meadow of some sorts, when my foot catches a vine and I fall to my face. Then I hear it. Right above me. As I look up, I see the monster... And it's me... When I look up in shock it lunges at me waking me up.

It's been like this for over a month now, ever since I've gotten back. My parents keep saying that it's natural and my mind and body is just adjusting to the change. But what if I don't want to change! I've never wanted this! All I've wanted was to grow up, move away with my best friend Mase and just live a happy life, away from this small town called beacon hills. But now...

And Mase, what do I do about him?? What do I do after that kiss?? GOD!! Will these butterflies just fucking die already?? I can't think straight with them messing with my stomach! What do I do?? My best friends gay, nothing wrong with that, but it's just... What happens now after the kiss? I can't let this go any further. I can't do this. I-I'll just leave. Ya, that's what I'll do. I'll leave! Mom and dad said finding my mate was top priority. So that's what I'll do. Even if it means I leave Mase behind... Even then...

"It's now or never..." I mumbled to my reflection as I turned the water off. "Now or never..."

"Hey li are you okay?" Mason got up and asked once I got out of the bathroom.

"Ya, ya." I said quickly getting my stuff. "I just have to go home is all."

"Wait, what?" He said confused. "Why?"

"I just need to go Mason." I said shaking my head as walked to the door.

"Wait Liam!" He said grabbing my arm, stopping me. "You haven't called me by my whole name since we where in elementary. What's wrong?"

"Look I just need to go okay." I snapped rubbing my face furiously as I felt myself start changing for some reason. "I've got stuff to figure out."

"Was it about the kiss??" He asked desperately. "Cuz it'll never happen again! I swear!"

"You're right." I growled keeping my hands over my face to hide my change. "It's never gonna happen again."

"Li please!" he said grabbing my hand.

"DONT TOUCH ME!" I growled pushing him away. "DONT FUCKING TOUCH ME!"

"L-Li pl-please..." He whimpered looking at me in fear.

"Don't call me that!" I hissed looking at him with contempt.

"L-Liam please." He whimpered again. "St-Stop..."

"I-I need to go..." I said quickly as I walked out of his room. Out of his house. And out of his life.