Chapter 5 - Twas the night

This is a re-write of chapter 6. 12/23/17

Same plot but different storyline.

_____________
EVAN'S POV
______________

It's Christmas Eve and instead of spending it with my family, I find myself sitting in the dimly lit office as do every year nursing my poison.

I sigh once more as my phone lights up and a text from Cara appear.

Her clinginess is starting to become more than I can bear.

I ignore he text and place the call that I have been itching to make all day.

"Boss" he answers.

"How are things, have the guys switch out for the night?" I ask him.

"Secure. Unless you want to know more" he pushes.

I contemplate much like I did yesterday and every other day, but I couldn't do it.

"No just keep me updated, when the morning switch is made that everything is safe." I respond.

"Will do boss like I've done every day over the years." He tells me and I hear the smirk in his voice.

"Good!" I hang up, lean back in my seat and take another sip.

My personal phone goes off again and I know it's no one else but Cara but to my superise it's Bryce, and he let's me know that the guys are going out to join them.

I decline his offer and call one of my guards at Bryce house to have them let me know when Cara leaves like always.

After another hour I got the signal I needed.

I got my Santa suit ready and head over to Bryce's house.

Much like I did for the triplets and blaze when they were older. I now do for the younger kids.

I would dress as Santa, visit them and leave them gifts.

I walk out of my office head to the elevator to take me up a floor to exit the building. I was in one of my clubs in New York where I worked out of mostly. Today the club was closed and empty. As soon I as exited the elevator, I nodded at Osip, one of my most trusted made men and bodyguard and he fell instep behind me speaking in his headset.

As I opened the back door open, my black range Rover was there waiting. I got into the back and Osip joined big Al in the front.

As soon as we made it to my plane, Osip boarded and later came back to the door and nod signaling it was safe to enter. I got out of the truck and big Al did the same and we boarded.

Al and Osip stayed up front while I went to the privacy of the back for the plane and took a seat relaxing.

"Welcome back Sir." I nod at Silvia, my only air hostess that I used during my flights. She placed a glass in front of me before pouring it filled with burbon and disappearing.

It was a routine.

Nothing more needed to be said.

The pilot announced we were leaving and shortly after we we're in the air to South Carolina.

____________
Elena
____________

Bryce and the boys went out while all the kids went to bed as well as Raelynn.

I sat out on the balcony with two cups of hot chocolate, awaiting my regular night visitor.

I look at the time and see there is 30 seconds remaining, he is always on time. He has never been late for anything, a very calculated person.