18.|•eighteen•

"To love someone unattainable is to kill one's self slowly, in a torturous pit of unbearable emotion"- SB

           CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Allow me" Murphy spat, kicking open the door.

He immediately ducked, rolling to the other side with his gun raised.

He fired two rounds sending down the first and second man.

Connor followed suit, hitting the third man through the eye, "That was bad ass did you see that?" He cheered, placing his back against the wall next to Murphy.

"Shut up" Murphy scolded, laying his back against the ground and firing another shot.

The last man was down, signifying time to move to the next room.which happened to be a hallway.

Murphy took the left and Connor the right. Kicking open every door and clearing every room, last room on the left, was were they found her.

"Is she?" Connor choked staring at Autumn, her motionless body in a heap on the floor.

Murphy shook his head, "She isn't"

He walked closer, placing his arms under her and lifting her up.

He cradled her against his chest like many rimes before, only thus time the pain ripping through him was different, she wasn't his to hold.

He walked over to his brother, holding Autumn away from him "Your girlfriend" he sighed.

Connor paused, reaching out and taking Autumn carefully from Murphy.

Just as he let go, a bullet ripped through his shoulder.

"Sorry" Connor mumbled to Autumn, dropping her on top of Murphy grabbing his gun.

A gun clicked against Connors head.

"Mr McManus" James said, pulling the trigger.

Click.

Empty.

"You fuck!" Connor snickered, raising his own gun and pulling the trigger.

"Murph?" He called, "You alright?"

Murphy lay on the concrete, holding his hand over his chest, blood could clearly be seen seeping around his fingers.

"Shit, brother" Connor hissed, unsure of what to do, he had to think fast or he was going to lose one of them.

He pulled the bottom off of his shirt, tying it tightly around Murphys shoulder.

He helped his brother stand, leaning him against a nearby wall.

He then bent down, scooping autumn up and toss in her over his shoulder.

"Let's go Murph" he begged, using his other arm to drag his brother to the car.

He lay them both in the back, speeding home.

He pulled Murphy out first, laying him on the kitchen table.

He then ran back, carrying Autumn to the couch.

He wrapped her head, before making his way to Murphy.

After half a bottle of whiney he had the bullet out, attempting to stitch was a different story.

He also had to pay some attention to Autumn as he knew she should be awake by this time.

He went to her side, "Autumn" He said quietly, "Wake up!" He yelled. She still wouldn't budge.

Connor silently freaked out, he had no idea what he could do.

He rewrapped Murphys shoulder, "Good to go brother"

"She's not fine, is she?" Murphy asked, glancing over to the couch where Autumn lay exactly how she was placed there.

Connor shook his head.

Murphy stood up, dispute Connors protests and stormed away, slamming his bedroom door closed.

A few hours later Murphy emerged, connor was sitting beside the couch, his head in his hands.

"Go get some rest, I'll sit with her" Murphy offered, standing by his brother.

"No, it's my fault" Connor said with a shake of the head.

"I know you're worried, but you need sleep" Murphy argued, "no good to her if ya don't"

Connor still told him nothing, simply patting his back before leaving the room.

It was nearly two am when Autumn started to stir.

"Hey" Murphy said when her eyes fluttered open immediately landing on his.

"Where's Connor?" She asked, her voice dry, piercing through Murphy's chest.

"I sent him to bed" He replied, raising from his chair, "I'll go and wake him"

"No!" She croaked out, "Let him sleep"

He sat back down, staring down at her, his eyes flooded with mixed emotions, ranging from anger to sadness.

"Murph" Autumn began, but Murphy cut her off, his hand caressing her cheek before his lips captured hers, making her body shudder, her quickening heart sounding in her ears.

He pulled away, slapping his hand to his forehead, "I'm so sorry" he whispered.

He stood, quickly rushing outside.

"Fuck!" He seethed followed by a kick of the door, "I'm sorry Connor" she heard him mumble.

An: They kissed!

But he still think is she's with connor!

Prediction?

       VOTE & COMMENT