The Pianist

Deals with the devil always end up bad, no matter how hard you try to set up a nice fair bargain. I learned this the hard way, and now, now I'm a monster. Everything I loved so dearly has slipped through my hands. Nothing is how it was supposed to be. I was supposed to have HER. I was supposed to be happy with her. Now she's gone... And all I have is this stupid piano. I'm compelled to play it for the rest of my goddamned life on this earth.
I was a well off man. I had some money, a nice car. I also had charm, oh the number of women I'd seduced. I could have any woman in the world, but I had my eyes set on her, Alice. She was such a beautiful woman. Her rich brown locks, flowing down in curls, and those amber eyes. I can't describe her beauty with mere words. Though I was not her type of man. I swung from girl to girl while she preferred to stay in a steady relationship. I loved a life of luxury while she was content in staying in a small urban apartment. I loved club music while she loved the sound of pianos. She didn't know of my existence, and that only drew me to her. She was something I couldn't have so I wanted her badly.
I decided the best way to et her attention was to learn the piano. I know most people would've just tried talking to her or something, but that didn't seem right to me. I wanted her to admire me, idolize me. So I tried...but completely failed. Apparently I didn't have the hands of a pianist, I had no musical talent at all. I decided to talk to my friends about this. I course they laughed at me, telling me I was stupid for trying, but I really wanted her and the only way I could ever get her was if I knew how to play the damn piano. Hen my friend said something that made me think.
"Don't you know, all those people with 'talent' sell their souls to the devil?" I know he was only joking, but what if? What if there was a chance I could sell my soul for this musical talent? She'd have to like me, right?
I started to research as much as possible on summoning a great demon. Of course there were loons telling me not to, bad this will happen and yadah yadah. I decided to hold the ritual at midnight, since no one would interrupt me. After the numerous incantations, nothing happened... well, nothing seemed to at first glance. There was something there. I couldn't see it, but I knew it was there. So I asked to make a deal with it. I'd have a musical talent, and it would have my soul in exchange, all I had to do, was sign a contract. Simple enough, but that thing was huge, kind of like the terms and conditions. I simply didn't read it and signed at the bottom.
I'd soon learn that I should've read it. Damn was I stupid. As the demon promised, I was amazing. I had so much talent, I could read and write music and it sounded beautiful. I kindly asked the local theater for them to let me play my beautiful yet chilling songs there, and they surprisingly sad yes. I remember I was nervous the night of my performance. Would she even be there? I couldn't see her in the crowd, of course she wouldn't be there, I was amateur. I played for hours and hours but to me, it seemed like only a few minutes. I have to admit, it thrilled me to the bone. As I finished, I simply stood up and bowed the audience, but there was silence. Cold silence. Was what I played not good enough? A sudden clap brought me back to reality. I looked up and I saw her. She was the one clapping and soon others joined her. We had a little after party and she came up and began talking to me.
After that night, we kept in touch and talked almost every day. But as we kept talking...her voice... I could hear her getting weaker and weaker by the days. Then stories started coming about how people were dropping like flies, people who saw my show. This kept happening and I couldn't do anything about it. I hoped desperately this wasn't my fault, that Alice wouldn't die like the others. But alas, the poor girl died in her sleep. Doctors didn't find anything wrong with her. They said she just simply went to sleep and didn't wake up. I was devastated and I still am. The one I loved. I finally got her, and now she's gone.
I decided to confront the demon. I'd make him tell me what the hell was going on. So I summoned him.
"Someone didn't read their contract, huh?" The thing just laughed at my misery. But it was right. I didn't read the contract. I asked to see it, and the demon happily obliged. I read the whole thing this time. And that's when I saw it.
I herby give my client amazing musical talent but the music that he creates will cause misfortune to all who hear it including death. I was the cause of her death. It was me. I wanted to stop playing the piano. But I couldn't.
And so, if you ever walk into an empty theater and see a lonely pianist playing beautiful yet chilling songs on the stage, cover your ears, and calmly walk away. Never listen to a full song, or you'll end up like the others. Dead.