Woman in White

I looked up at the sky. The thick clouds painted in a pale orange-grey hue, clotting the sky like torn cotton. The sunrays bursting through, colouring the sky in a pale light.
Above the clouds, the sky a bolder blue, a stormy sea.

I feel calm.

The sky looks ready to burst, and I'm ready for the abusing power of the deluge. I want to welcome it with open arms and let it wash away my pain.

Sitting outside, by my house, watching my dogs running around the field surrounding the house. I could hear the waves crashing into the cliffs just below, the wind heavy with the fresh smell from the sea.
Something caught my eye in the distance. As the shape came closer, I saw a woman. She was walking towards me. Her long, white dress billowing around her in the wind. Her long red hair, like dancing flames. Her skin, alabaster in the sun. Her eyes, a deep green.

 She reached out a pale hand towards me, and I took it.
My chest burst open, and she cradled my heart in her hand. Replacing its now empty space with beautiful white flowers. Gently, she laid me down on the grass. My blood gushing out, painting the flowers red, soaking the ground underneath me.
She whispered "you are so beautiful now."
A tear rolling down her cheek.
A tree grew slowly around me, engulfing me with its roots. The bark was black, and flowers white, slowly becoming red.
The woman smiled towards the tree, and turned to smoke, that slowly drifted away with the wind.