Chapter Fourteen; Lyra✨

"Why are you going back there?" Draco asks me as he hauls my trunk into the pile with the others.

"I have explained this a hundred times, Draco." I say kissing his cheek, hating myself for it.

"Explain it again. Christmas at the Manor would be so much better if you were there. We don't even need to be around anyone if they make you uncomfortable. Lyra, please, come home with me."

"Draco, I need to get my things from Remus' place. And I need to look for somewhere to live."

We make our way down to the docks so we can cross the lake to the Hogwarts Express.

"Live with me." He spits out.

I laugh and pull him close, hugging his side. I kiss his cheek again and he shakes me off. Thank God, this is getting to be embarrassing.

"I'm serious, Lyra." He says.

"I just..." I say trying to find the right words. "Le me figure this out first."

Draco looks hurt, and a part of me feels bad. It's cruel to lead someone on like this, but how could I not? He reveals more and more each day. He's comfortable with me now, he trusts me. I can't just give up now.

And deep down in my heart I do love him. Not in the way that he wants, but when he does eventually find out what my mission is, what my true intent is, he'll leave me. I think that my heart might just break from the loss of friendship.

-

"My children!" Sirius says opening his arms wide, beaming proudly.

I drop my book bag on the bench by the front door and take off skipping down the hallway. I can't help myself as I jump into him and he wraps his arms around me tightly and kissing the top of my head.

"Ugh, Sirius, I've missed you." I say into his hair.

I hear the familiar flash of what can only be Tonks' camera and I shake my head. I hop down off of Sirius and move onto Tonks and Remus. I give them hugs and notice a slight change in their behavior. Remus has always been on the defensive when Tonks shows him affection, now he holds her hand and kisses her in front of us.

I want a true love like that someday. The way that Fred makes me feel, safe, appreciated, admired ... I want all of that. And I know that him and I could start a relationship, but nothing that either of us would want. I don't want to hide in the Gryffindor common room, I don't want to punch him every time he says 'let me take another look you' in public. But who knows how long he'll wait for me?

I have better things to think about right now anyway.

I hear Harry and Sirius behind me but I ignore whatever they are saying, too embarrassed to face anyone and tell them that I lied to keep Sirius to myself.

The journey here was silent. Harry and I only spoke with each other when we got off the train, had to leave the platform, got in to a taxi. We had an awkward fight over who would pay the cab fare. It ended in me rolling my eyes and looking out the window, Harry asking me why I have to be so difficult all the time.

The driver was silent, but I could tell he listened as we went back and forth. I told Harry I wasn't difficult, he just would never understand where I was coming from.

"Coming from?" he scuffed. "Please."

We went back and forth every now and then, mostly me apologizing and him shutting me down, shutting me out. We came to an understanding that we had to suck it up for the next few days to please Sirius.

So we walked through the front door holding hands and smiling.

"Come, eat!" Tonks says pulling me out of my thoughts and into the bench next to her. "I made dinner!"

"YOU made it?!" Remus says laughing. "I'm sure."

"I...watched." She adds popping an almond into her mouth. "It was a lot of work."

"Harry, come." Sirius says pulling out a chair.

Harry sits and Remus and Sirius join us, all of us sitting at the kitchen table of 12 Grimmauld Place where I have made so many memories already. And now I have my family and Harry Potter here, making more.

-

"Ok!" Tonks says hopping into my bed and grasping both sides of my face. "Lyra!"

I pull of my glasses and laugh, asking what she needs. She takes my hand and places it on her lower stomach, beaming.

"What are you--" I stop and look down at our hands. "You're...pregnant?"

Tonks laughs again and nods her head, her eyes sparkling more than I've ever seen. We both start laughing hysterically and I make her take her shirt off and lay down. I palpate her stomach and feel a small hard lump.

"Three will come of the four, Lyra." Tonks says sitting up and holding her stomach. "I'm almost 14 weeks...and that is 14 weeks closer to ending Voldemort. We haven't told Harry about the prophecy. Sirius is going to tonight. I'm so happy, Lyra."

"I cannot imagine how you must be feeling." I say. "But don't...don't let a child be a way to end Voldemort. Do not let her feel like she isn't loved, or that she is second best to Harry. Don't make it so that she is just a way to finish off Voldemort...make sure she knows that she is loved and so important."

Tonks stares at me and I look down at my hands, twisting the rings like I do almost all the time. She knows me so well, that there's something going on, but she doesn't ask. She puts her shirt back on and folds me in to her slender arms. We sigh in sync and I start to fall asleep.

"Make sure she knows her own purpose." I say finally, drifting off into sleep.