Chapter 5

1 month later

*Rayn Pov*

"Bitch you need a vacation." Diana said to me while I got the boxes for the new candles we just got in.

"Can you hush your mouth and help me? " I said.

She grabbed a box and helped me take the merchandise to the front.

We had a new setup for the new stuff we just got.

I opened the boxes to see what we got.

"I'm forreal Rayn. You been working like crazy. Here and at your other job.  Plus school on top of that...girl you have bags under your eyes. " D said.

"I have bills to pay, D..." I said.

"I know, but you are going to burn yourself out. Promise me you'll take tomorrow off. It's Friday.  Go do something." She said

"Okay okay..." I said taking out some candles and Diana doing the same.

"Ooh girl smell this one.  This smell like some fruity shit you would like." She said putting the candle up to my nose. 

My stomach turned at the smell and I pushed the candle away.

"What's wrong? I thought you liked fruity smells n shit. Like to smell like a fruit salad. " she said.

"I DID but I can't stand it now. Makes me sick" I said honestly.

"Maybe you wore it too much. " she said taking the other candles out the box.

"Yea..." I said doing the same.

"I see that dude come in here with that girl all the time. " she said.

"What dude? " I asked in a monotone voice knowing exactly who she was speaking of.

"Mr. Finesse. " she said referring to Osha.

"How you know it's him? " I asked.

"Cuz I sense the tension and awkwardness between you too when you're here together. Like the mood in the room changes." She said.

"I'm over it. I work and go to school. I have no time to worry about that. " I replied. Well...lied.

She got quiet.

I honestly still think about him. Everyday almost.

I work to try to keep my mind off of him but I can't help that my mind wanders.

I wonder why he did me so wrong.

Every time I think about it and every time I see him my stomach turns.

I could have been good to him.

"I smell something." She said.

"Well I don't know who wouldn't.  We work at a place that sells things that smell good. " I said.

"Naww not like that.  I mean I got a feeling something is up. " she said.

"Something is always up, D." I said taking the empty boxes to the back.

I condensed the boxes and brought the new merchandise out.

I turned the corner to see O and his girlfriend again.

I got nervous so I just headed to my destination and put the boxes down and walked back to the back. 

But on my way there I got really light headed and dizzy. That's all I remember.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Osha POV

When I seen Rayn pass out I immediately rushed to her and so did Diana.

I was in panic mode.

"Rayn!? RAYN!? Wake up boo. " I said lifting her head off the ground.

"Boo? " Val asked confused.

"CALL THE FUCKIN AMBULANCE AND STOP STANDING THERE LOOKING STUPID!" I yelled at her.

She did as told. She explained to the 911 operator what happened with an attitude but I ain't give a fuck.

"Come on Rayn, Baby you gotta wake up." I said to her.

"Since when do you care about her well being?" Diana asked mean mugging me

"Can you mind your business? " I asked.

"My friend is my business. " she said.

"O what is she talking about?  Why you so concerned about this girl? " Val asked.

"Is the ambulance on their way? " I asked. 

She crossed her arms with and attitude and said yea.

Me and Diana kept talking to Rayn trying to get her to wake up for about 10 minutes before the ambulance got there.

They brought the crash cart in the store and did some other shit before they put her on it and headed to the vehicle with her.

I wanted to stay with her and make sure she was okay...

So I got in the ambulance with her and we went off to the hospital.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Comment

Vote