Chapter VIII

Sally walked back in with one Percy on each arm as Piper gasps. She goes to open the paper but Hera snatches it from her hands. "Wait, you all agreed to this and I will hold you to it." She gives a pointed glare to Zeus before walking toward Sally.

"I think it's quite clear to everyone that you will be taking your son home soon, so I am going need a proper introduction."

"Oh of course, how rude of me," she laughed and held out the hand hat wasn't holding a sleeping toddler, "I'm Sally Jackson, Percy's mom."

After a moment of awkward silence, Percy cleared his throat and whispered. "You're supposed to list your titles."

She looked at him like he was crazy. "Titles? Like King or president? I don't have any of those!"

He rolls his eyes and replies, covering the opposite side of his mouth with the back of his hand, "Yes you do, repeat after me.... "

And she does. "My name is Sally Jackson. I am a mortal that can see through the mist, I was the lover of Poseidon, and I am killed- what? no, skilled with a shotgun." She pulled her ear away from her son to stand tall. "I am also the unofficial assistant manager of the Sweet on America in Manhattan and I was captain of the book club at my high school for three years."

Hera gave a pitying smile that crushed Sally's. "Oh how cute, the little human thinks she's worth something," before walking back over and handing her husband the note, her nose in the air.

Sally hunched back, as if struck, but regained her composure, gave her son a "Love you," hug, and a kiss on the cheek, and the walked to Poseidon who whisked her away into time.

Piper gave a frustrated sigh, "Can we please just open the note? This is taking forever!"

Zeus turned to her, looking a mix of confused, disgusted, and scared. "I suppose so..."

"Good!" She whipped it from his hands, carefully opened it, the tension in the room rising to new heights.

Everyone wondered what it could be. Percy had already unveiled a major part of his past, and it was obvious that he had an even rockier future. They all watched with bated with anticipation as Piper's eyes scanned the parchment.

"Are you kidding me? We finally get something to do, and it's just more boring instructions!"

She threw the note to the ground but Apollo caught it. "Oh we can take care of this in a jiffy."

"Really?" She turns back.

Percy walks up, "What do we have to do?"

"We have to get rid of you." Piper smirks.

"What!"

"Don't worry about it." Apollo began, "I'll just drop you off in the middle of the Pacific and you can go for a little swim!"

"Oh, alright, that actually sounds fun." Percy shrugged, "I've never been to the Pacific before."

"Cool." Apollo grabbed Percy's arm and they both disappeared with a flash.

Everyone went back to their seats and Zeus read the new note for all to hear.

"Your next guest will be arriving shortly."

------------------