Poems about Everything Else

It is a poem about love, pretty much like it. hehe

LOVE

Love itself is perfect

There was no right or wrong.

Love is so kind

And sometimes it is blind.

Love is full of mysteries.

It's like a song full of a symphony, a melody so sweet.

Love is more precious than gold.

Too much for us to hold.

Love is giving

Love is forgiving

Love is a temporary madness.

It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides.

Love distills desire upon the eyes;

Love brings bewitching grace into the heart.

Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart.

Love is GOD, so GOD is LOVE...

This poem is about my experience when the typhoon Ondoy strikes Marikina. huhuhu.

ONDOY, a NIGHTMARE

It was the 26th day of September, a day I'll always remember.

For something happened that I have never imagined

Early morning on that day, I'm having such a good time with my daughter.

When suddenly, we heard the news that typhoon Ondoy was everywhere.

I immediately put a raincoat on my daughter and plan to go to someplace to save her.

But as we got downstairs, the flood was spreading fast!

The water was extraordinary. The color looks like coffee.

But of course, you can't drink any because it was unclean.

It was flooded full of mud that when you see it, surely you'll get mad.

Ondoy was all over the trees, houses and streets, and worst, all over the country.

Ondoy didn't give us a chance to vacate the place, so we just hurried back upstairs.

We tried to put everything on top of the closet, even tried to make some things not to get wet.

We thought that it would never reach upstairs, but it was only eleven in the morning.

When I suddenly felt the water was at my feet! So we went out of the room and to the terrace we went.

From there, we see things and people floating due to floods.

It was such a nightmare!

My daughter felt scared. She cried.

I tried to soothe her and told her I would never leave her side.

Just hold on to my hand, will swim together if it's the only way for us to survive.

The thing is that her daddy was with us. My husband's dad, cousin, and uncle are there too. We are all seven trapped in the terrace, but later, I can't count the numbers.

The neighbors and the others are there with us, too.

My hubby and the others tried to take away, to let us all walk on the rooftop.

To be able to go to a house that is tall enough, sure on this day, we have to be tough.

He carried my daughter at his back, moving slowly towards the rooftop.