Chapter 1

He felt it before it happened, the incoming of the angels, the rumble that could be heard from blocks over, he turned towards the pull of power and ran, as fast as his human feet would carry him, he was blessed he thought, that his vessel was a 25 year old male who had kept himself in shape over his life time, other banished angels might not have been so lucky.

By the time he has reached the pull, it took off in the other direction, he furrows his eye brows, but there, the only car in the street drives away from him, there! He thinks, there it is! he scans the street for a car he could 'borrow' his eyes settle on a car, as he went to take a step towards it a blast from behind him sent him crashing towards the ground. he caught himself before he could do too much damage, he gasped at the pain in hands, he pulled himself up off of the ground and turns to see the source of the blast, he is greeted by the sight of a building on fire, the heat licks his now sensitive skin again he finds himself gasping from pain as he takes a few more steps away from the burning building.

sirens wail in the distance, time to get out of here he tells himself as he turns on his hill and leaves before anyone can see him. He walks to the car that he had previously picked, grateful for his brother for teaching him how to hot wire on one of their many missions to earth, He would find the pull again, and it was only a matter of time now.

____

"what am I doing?" she mutters to herself as she drives out of the city, " this is insane" he shakes her head, she pulls her car over to the side of the road, switching the engine off she rests her head against the steering wheel, this is stupid, she told herself.

He found her, she remains clueless, and I want it to stay that way do you understand? a new voice rings though her head, even though she doesn't know the voice, she can't help but feel like she's heard it before, with a sigh she turns the car back on and drives back to the city, she was due to start work soon, her office job would be enough to keep the thoughts of all this madness off her mind, for now at least.

pulling into the office car park, she felt dread pooling in her stomach, her palms became sweaty as she headed towards the building, the unsettling feeling of someone's eyes on her settled in the back of her mind as she kept checking over her shoulder as she entered the building, shaking her head she headed to her desk, working though out the day would keep her mind of her crazy morning, but for how long? The thoughts would always find their way back into her mind whenever she has a spare minute, she couldn't block out the voices talking, but luckily for her they blending in with the voices and sounds of the office around her.

An hour before the end of her shift she was called to the lobby, with dread in her stomach she made her way down, she smiled at the receptionist Lisa, only then did she notice the two police officers standing before her.

"Miss Grace Martin?" the one with slightly greying hair asked

"That's me" she smiled to them extending her hand for the to shake, instead he put a cuff around her wrist twisting her arm around her back

"Grace Martin, you are under arrest for Arson, you have the right to remain silent" he started, she

"What- Arson, no I'm sorry I think you have the wrong person" she tried to reason with him, he just ignored her protests and dragged her outside to his car, pushing her in the back seat.

What the hell had she gotten herself into?

_

It's back in the city, but it's constantly moving, it confused him as he made his way down town, as soon as he would get close to it would take off in a different direction, this time it had sat still, with a relived sigh he pulled up outside of the local police station, a look of confusion crossed his features

What the hell is it doing here? He asks himself as he exits the stolen car and makes his way up the stairs. The woman at the front desk gave him an appreciative look as he approached; he held back an eye roll, instead pulling on his best charming smile.

"Hello" he said as her smile brightened

"Hello, what can I do for you?" He froze what would he say now? Hi, I'm here because I lost my grace, I'm really an angel of heaven you see, I followed a magical pull and it brought me here. Sure he didn't know all that much about the human world but he sure knew that he sounded crazy.

"I'm here to see- "he was cut off by a scream, a woman scream, it had his now human heart clenching and his protective instincts on high alert, two officers dragged a girl though the lobby, as she protested, then he felt it, the pull, her eyes sot up to meet his, it was as if someone had plugged a high voltage amp into his heart and flicked it on switch.

"You" she said "I know you, b-but how could I know you- you're so familiar" she mumbles still being dragged

"Come on ma'am, Marley, I'm taking this one to the nut house, until her court date" Marley nodded, typing on her key board.

"No, stop, I'm telling you I didn't burn my damn apartment down" she screamed

"yeah, the voices did, I get it" what possessed him to do it was beyond him, but before he knew what he was doing he had hot the officer over the head, knocking him to the ground , a gasp came from the Marley,

'k-keys" the girl whispered, he nodded and took the keys off his belt before he pulled her out of the stations, they started running from the police that now chased them, he'd found it, the pull.

It was her.