Beginning of the Arrival!

A perfectly normal Saturday at the Potter house. Harry Potter woke up this morning, showered, shaved, got dressed, and headed downstairs to cook breakfast. Ginny Potter on the other hand, took nearly ten minutes to get out of bed, took even longer to get changed, and waddled her way down to the kitchen to find breakfast on the table.

Looking up from his copy of the Daily Prophet, Harry watched and smiled as his heavily pregnant wife walked into the kitchen and sat down. She was obviously uncomfortable in the advanced stage she was in. "G'morning dear." said Harry with a cheeky smile. Ginny just rolled her eyes and started to eat her breakfast.

The day continued on as normal. Ginny sat in the living room using the skills her mother had taught her as a child to knit some clothing for her soon-to-arrive baby. She used neutral colors as the Potter's didnt know if the baby was going to be a boy or girl.

While his wife was busy preparing for the arrival of their child, Harry would read the newspaper and mow the lawn, but most of his days had been recently occupied with preparing the nursery. When they bought the house, Harry and Ginny knew that they wanted a family. On the second floor, besides their bedroom and bathroom, there was a linen closet, another bathroom, one nursery, and two guest rooms. The guest rooms would turn into bedrooms for whatever children they may have.

Harry dedicated hours and hours to the baby's room. Since they didn't know what the gender was, and thanks to magic, they would just change the colors in the room to suit it. The entire room was white. The walls were white, there were lacy white curtains, a white cradle, and a white changing table. The wood that the drawers and the closet door were made of were painted white. It was actually a little blinding to walk into the room.

Ginny and Harry had spent hours moving the furniture around to make it perfect and convenient. The cradle was directly in the middle of the square room with a mobile of flying owls and snitches and broomsticks above it. The room wasn't too big, but it wasn't crowded. The big window in the centre of the back wall, and it had a comfy window seat with plenty of cushions. To the left of the window, there was a tall bookshelf already filled with childrens books. To the right, there was a toybox nearly half-full of toys, thanks to the Weasley family. The changing table was against the right wall, with a garbage can ready right next to it. Next to the bookcase, there was a rockingchair of dark mahogany given to Harry by his aunt, Petunia Dursley, when she died of pnemonia the summer before. Apparently, it had been a gift from his grandfather to his grandmother when his mother Lily had been born. It added something sentimental to the room.

There was nothing more for the waiting parents to do but wait. They were completely prepared. They had bags and bags of diapers, neutral gender clothing, bathing cloths, linens, baby bath products, and all of the rattles and baby-safe toys they could find. They even had a bag all ready for when it was time to go to St. Mungo's Hospital for the birth. They were all set.

Three days passed, and so did the due date. A few more days passed and Ginny was getting irritated and even more uncomfortable.

It was 3 am and Ginny had been up all night due to discomfort. As she was about to finally fall asleep, she felt and odd sensation run through her. Her eyes snapped open. "Oh Merlin." she whispered.

She very awkwardly sat up and started tapping her husband's shoulder. "Harry. Harry. Wake up!" she said urgently. "Wha....?" he mumbled. She shook his arm. "Harry! It's time!" she said. It took a second for that to sink into Harry's brain. He suddenly jumped up and got dressed and grabbed the hospital bag, all as Ginny took her time to get out of bed.

It took them 10 minutes to get downstairs and to the fireplace. The Healer that they had been seeing told them that using the Floo would be safer for the baby than Apparating.

After taking a split second to breathe, the Potters stepped into the fireplace and headed to St. Mungo's to have their baby.

Alrighty then! The first part is done! Ginny is now in labour and the first Potter baby will arrive soon. I'm guessing that some people are wondering how graffic the birth will get, and don't worry, I will just skip over it. I will put some dialogue in between the Weasleys as Harry and Ginny have the baby. Will put the next part up soon! Thanks for anyone who read this!