p r o l o g u e

She didn't think that darkness could be quite so...vast. It stretched across the universe, casting shadows in every corner that light dared to touch, smothering it out like a flickering flame. 

She felt as if her stomach had a permanent residence in her throat, a feeling that she could remember associating with falling. She didn't know how long she had been falling; hours, weeks, months, years. There was no movement beyond her descent into darkness. No wind, no rain, no tremors or footsteps. Nothing.

It was as she was tumbling down the void of darkness that she realized for what seemed the billionth time that she was completely and utterly alone. No one to rescue her. No one to save her. It was only her in the vast darkness that surrounded her, and to the average person, that thought would terrify them, but to her it started to become a bittersweet normalcy. 

Most of the time all she could hear were the rhythmic beats of her heart which she could swear echoed in the empty space around her. It was her lullaby when she was tired and her alarm clock when she woke up. 

So it was in this empty and vast darkness that she fell, from what she had no clue, to whom, she had no idea. She didn't see the point in caring though. She was sure that this was to go on for eternity, that there was no end,  she accepted it as a fact. 

That was until she felt as if had tugged her out of midair.

-

Sorry that its super short but I just really wanted to write something for a prologue even though its not necessarily needed.  I am super excited to see where this story takes me and I hope you are too.

Please leave a vote and comment if you wish.

Thanks for taking your time to read,

-Dxlvn