Chapter 4

Angela wracked her mind for an answer.

"Angel, Angel-" She repeated out loud to herself. She felt the answer on the tip of her tongue, like she knew it but not from Jack himself.

"Rhys, I honestly don't remember him mentioning anyone named Angel."

"Oh come on-" Rhys sighed, "-you guys talk like you've known each other for ages. All I can get out of him is when he last slept or ate." Rhys popped his hip out to the side as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"We may act ol' buddy buddy but do remember we met only recently. He told me some crap about himself but nothing he wouldn't have told you." Angela confessed throwing her hands up in defeat.

Rhys tapped his foot on the floor, an uneven rhythm quickly formed as they held bated breaths.

"Maybe you should wait for him to explain it to you?" Angela spoke up hesitantly not wanting to upset the easily riled omega.

"Who knows when that'll be?" Rhys ground his teeth.

"Calm down Rhys," Angela wanted to flick him again but wouldn't let herself do so.

"Listen, give it a week. If he doesn't say anything then we'll ask together, alright?"

Rhys crossed his arms over his chest.

"Fine, I mean if you're insisting." Rhys caved in.

Angela's eyes fluttered as they rolled.

"Why don't you call up your friends already and go to that club."

"I don't wanna now."

"Too bad, you need to relax." Angela said and grabbed Rhys by the front of his shirt. His feet skidded for purchase on the floor as he was dragged towards the elevator that had barely returned.

"It won't be relaxing if I'm forced to go!" Rhys pointed out as he was pushed into the metal wall of the elevator and squished by Angela's weight as she leaned against him. She used the toe of her shoe to press the floor button they needed to go to.

"You're not being forced, you're just being stubborn cause you're confused, so I'm giving you a little nudge."

"A nudge, sure. So that's what you call getting smashed into a wall called." Rhys replied sarcastically.

"You'll thank me later."

•••

Rhys would not be thanking Angela. He was alone at the bar, the club was packed full of people but not a single person was willing to mingle with him. Vaughn had been dragged to another part of the club by Yvette under the pretense that she'd seen a strikingly beautiful woman.

Rhys sipped away at his Blue Lagoon Cocktail, it had a pleasant taste to it making him want to down it, though he knew he shouldn't drink too much. He was taking it slow due to that thought.

Those that had gotten close enough to Rhys had obviously been interested in more than a conversation, but once they'd gotten close enough to him to smell the lingering scent of another alpha on him they scattered. Without Yvette or Vaughn by his side he wasn't comfortable enough to launch himself onto the dance floor to be grinded upon by hot bodies that were to focused on themselves to be concerned for those whose feet they were trampling, so he sat and he waited.

And waited.

Rhys groaned as he took the final sip of his cocktail.

How long had he been sitting? How long had Yvette been gone with Vaughn? Were they striking up a conversation with the supposed beautiful woman?