Ch.67 Liar

Down in the fairytale world, Brooke ran up to Merlin's cabin where she knocked on the door, she waited until it was opened by the wizard.

"Brooke" he smiled "What are you doing here?"

"I need your help" she said with a worried look.

Once inside, Brooke told Merlin about overhearing Wendell's plan to help the Evil Queen.

"There has to be a way to stop him before it's too late" she said.

"Maybe there is" he said "Do you happen to have your notebook with you right now?"

"Yes" she said as she reached into her purse and pulled out her notebook.

"Because I can turn your notebook into a prison for Wendell, hold it out."

Brooke held out her notebook as Merlin waved his hand over it as it glowed and then returned to normal.

"Okay it's been cast" he said "Now all you gotta do is open the book next to Wendell and he'll be sucked in, just like that. And be sure to lock it."

"But there's no lock on this book."

At that point Merlin snapped his fingers as a lock appeared on the book and a key in her hand.

"Now it does" he smiled.

"Well thank you Merlin, I hope this works."

Now back in Storybrooke, Elena and Olivia along with Bella and Brutta drove up onto the front of the school where Elena parked her car.

"Well this is our school" she told Bella and Brutta as they got out of the car "Storybrooke High."

"Looks more like a boarding school" Bella said as they examined the school.

"I know" Elena agreed as they went inside the school where they went to the principle's office.

"Mr. Gram" Elena knocked as they went inside the office where Mr. Gram was at his desk.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked as he then noticed the elderly ladies "And who are they?"

"Mr. Gram" Elena smirked "I want you to meet Bella and Brutta Sister."

At that point his eyes widen as he turned to the sisters.

"What?" he said surprised as they showed him their birthmarks which made his more surprised.

"Hello Milton" Bella smiled "It's been a while, you haven't changed a bit."

Mr. Gram just sat there speechless.

"How did-" he started to say with shock.

"You thought we poofed didn't you?" Brutta smirked "Boy were you wrong."

"You know what that means?" Bella said "Since my sister and I are still alive when we didn't sign the book, that means everyone doesn't have to follow their destinies, you've been lying to them, you've been lying to their parents."

"It's true isn't it?" Elena said as she crossed her arms.

"Well I-" he hesitated as he tried to think of an excuse, but he couldn't think of anything.

"I'm taking that as a yes."

"Now can you tell us why you've been lying us?" Olivia asked with a frown "Why you lied to our parents?"

At that point he gave a mad look.

"You foolish girls" he frowned "It doesn't matter what you believe, I've been doing this to protect everyone's stories."

"I don't think so" Elena frowned "You know what I just realized, why are we even suppose to follow our parents footsteps to continue our stories when they've already been written out. I mean think about it, our parent's stories have been done, they've been written out, they're history, and they're still here. What's the point of following their footsteps if they've already been done?"

"Wait a minute" Bella said as a thought came to her "I think I know why."

She then turned to Mr. Gram.

"You know Milton" she said "When I first came to Ever After, I've learned something about you, when you were young, you were always the one being told what to do and follow the rules, and you didn't like that. So when you became the Headmaster of Ever After High, you declared that everyone showed follow their destines because it gives you power, you lied to everyone because you wanted to keep your power."

At that point Olivia and Elena gasped as they turned to him.

"Oh my God" Elena said surprised "This wasn't about our stories, this was about you. All you wanted was to keep your power and be in control. You know, I'm starting to think you're more evil than my mother."

At that point Olivia along with Bella and Brutta gave a snicker.

"So what?" he frowned "I did what I had to do, and do you really believe anyone's going to believe you?"

"Oh" she smirked "I think they will."

And with that she turned to Olivia

"Say hi to the camera" Olivia smiled as she held up a phone with the camera facing him as his eyes widen.

"You're not gonna post that are you?" he asked with shock.

"Done" Olivia pushed the button "It's been posted, now everyone will know what a big liar you are."

And with that they all left the office, leaving Mr. Gram alone and full of shock.

________

Outside the diner, Brooke sat on a bench with Pandora's Box next to her as she read the 'Once Upon a Time' storybook.

"Is that the book the Author wrote?" Meeshell appeared now wearing normal clothes as her hair all dried up.

"Oh yeah" Brooke said "Wendell wrote this."

Meeshell then sat next to her and looked at the illustration of Hunter and Ashlynn holding hands and looking into each others eyes.

"That's a really pretty picture" she said.

"I know" Brooke agreed with a small smile "Wendell's a very good artist too."

"Uh, Wendell didn't drew these."

"What?"

"He's the just the Author."

"Then who drew these pictures?"

"The Illustrator of course."

"The Illustrator?" Brooke said surprised.

"How did you not know about the Illustrator?"

"I was only told about the Author, I thought whoever the Author was drew the pictures too."

"Well you're wrong. The Illustrator is just as important as the Author and the Narrator."

"Well do you know who the Illustrator is and where I can find him?"

"It's not a him, that last Illustrator was a she, in fact, she's still around."

"Really?" Brooke's eyes widen "Well where is she?"

"I don't know, all I know is that she used to work with Wendell."

"What?" she gasped.

"It's true, Merlin told me, although I never got a chance to know her name. But there is something you should know, believe it or not, you're not the first girl Wendell's betrayed."