Chapter 3

For the next week everything was pretty normal. Grayson paid me and I continued to ignore the twins as much as I could. Friday night, I planned on staying in and watching Netflix while my mom made kale salad for tomorrow. But I couldn't hear anything over the loud music next door. The Dolan's were back to their annual Friday night parties. There was never drugs or heavy alcohol at their house but sometimes their close friends would bring a couple bottles of beer and they would drink in the backyard or something then go back to the party to keep the mood up. Dumb plan but they lived by it. I wasn't worried because they never got like blackout drunk. Not that I would care anyways...
It got to the point where I couldn't ignore it. I could either call my friends and ask to go out or go next door and yell at them to turn the music down. I decided to do option two and if that didn't work then I would call Selena. I walked to their house and banged on the door waiting for someone to open it. I jumped a little when I heard the sound of something crashing to the ground. The door swung open and Grayson was standing there. He was buzzed.
"Anabel, welcome to the party!" When he said this there were cheers throughout the house. I crossed my arms.
"No, I just came to tell you to turn down the music."
"No way, babe, we're having such a good time." A couple guys walked by and he gave them high fives."
"Well, it's too damn loud and it's annoying. And I'm not your babe." I tried my best to keep calm.
"Whatever, if you wanna come in and actually do something fun on a Friday night, you're more than welcome to." He said closing the door. I pushed it open before he could close it all the way.
"I do have fun, thank you." I glared. He smirked, "On your couch watching TV like a loner."
"Fuck you." I said turning around.
"Hey loser, where are you goin'? The party just started!" Ethan yelled approaching his brother at the door.
"Anywhere but here." I said and felt a hand on my shoulder. I was about to turn around and slap which ever twin it was when I turned around to see their sister Cameron.
"Sorry about them. Don't worry, you can come with me. I'm gonna go to mall for about an hour."
I nodded and gave Ethan and Grayson one last glare as we walked to her Jeep. I liked Cameron. She was always so nice to me and understood me. She was like the big sister I never had.
I texted and made sure it was okay with my mom before I went and we left for the mall. We ended up meeting Amy when we got there so it worked out perfectly and we had a great time.
Saturday Morning
I woke up to a note on the kitchen from my mom saying she and my dad were out at a special market an hour away. God, the shit my mom does to get her "all natural" and organic crap. It got to the point where I was so used to being home alone it was normal. My dad was always working so we didn't really talk much. The twins parents were the same. They spent each weekend (Friday to Monday) at the Dolan's grandparents house in Manhattan visiting and taking care of them so that's why they didn't know about the parties. I don't know how they never found out the past two years, I guess the boys are good at cleaning up their messes.
I had some cereal for breakfast and went to go sit on my white porch swing. It was warm with a cool breeze. It felt perfect. 
I swung back and forth slowly thinking about school and what I would do today and tomorrow.
All that could be heard was birds chirping and the trees swaying in the wind. I couldn't ask for a more calming moment...until I heard a door slam.
"Damn it!" A voice yelled.
I turned my attention to my right to see Ethan with his hands on the back of his head. He was turning slowly in circles and I could tell there was something upsetting and or stressing him out. I couldn't help but watch him pace around with an angry look on his face.
"What's the matter, loser?" I said with a small smile on my face.
"Nothing you can help with." He replied.
"Who said I wanted to help?" I said raising my eyebrows and waving him over.
He walked to the porch and sat down next to me but kept distance.
"I just wanna know what happened because I'm nosy and love drama." I sneered.
He rolled his eyes and chuckled.
"My girlfriend broke up with me."
"Life goes on." I was kinda disappointed it wasn't anything super juicy.
"She cheated on me." He said playing his fingers.
"It happens." I shrugged.
"With Grayson." He mumbled.
"HEYO! Now it's getting good." I said laughing. He looked at me squinting.
"What did you say to Grayson?" I asked now kinda dying to hear more.
"I didn't say anything. I just hit him."
"Oh. Where is he now?" I asked.
"In his room." He responded looking down at his hands again.
"Ok, well...you can go if you want. I just wanted to know what happened."
I smiled.
"Can I stay for a little?" He asked quietly.
"Um...I guess." I said. Normally, I would kick him off my porch immediately but this was different. I may have seemed like I didn't care but...I understood his pain. My boyfriend, Giovanni, cheated on me last year with a girl named Francesca. He thought they were "perfect matches" so I said whatever go for it.
I looked at him in the corner of my eye and waited for something to happen. I looked him twiddle his thumbs when I saw a drop of liquid fall onto his left hand.
He sniffled and wiped his face.
You would think watching your arch nemesis cry would be the greatest thing ever but it was the opposite. I actually felt bad for him. I scooted closer until our legs were centimeters apart and I placed my head on his shoulder hesitantly. He didn't move making me assume it was alright.
"I'm sorry." I said quietly.
"Wait, are you okay?" He responded with a little bit of alarm in his voice.
"Yeah, why?" I said.
"Because the Anabel I've known all my life would never apologize to me... especially since it wasn't your fault." We both chuckled and I lifted my head off his shoulder and looked at him face to face. Even though I've always hated them, nobody on earth could deny their true beauty. Our faces were inches away from each others and our eyes drifted to one another's lips.
HA! If you thought we were gonna kiss, bitch bye. This ain't no cheesy love story where the two people that despise each other are actually in love and live happily ever after. I'll do four shots of bleach before that happens!
"Well, bye." I said with a half smile. He nodded and stood up waving.
"See ya around, loser." I chuckled.
"Not looking forward to it." He said already halfway through my driveway.
________________________________
I KNOW ITS A LOT BUT PLZ READ!!!
Before anyone gets all weird about it, I know they're freshman so "cheating" doesn't mean sex. It mean making out/kissing. Just wanted to clear that up because I know somebody would be like "omg ew 14-15 year olds having sex...wtf is wrong if wrong with you???" So...yeah.
My phone got taken away for a month, I think I mentioned that earlier but that why updates are SUPER SLOW. Thanks for being patient❤
QUESTION:
1) Do you ship Ethabel or Graysabel?
((If you got my "perfect match" reference above, you are my new best friend ever so hmu if you got it because I really want to rant lol. If you didn't then you should watch season 4 of "Are You The One" it is SO GOOD!!!))
Thanks for reading this chapter!!! Give it a vote if you enjoyed or smiled at least once. If you think this book is the dumbest thing you've ever read and makes you want to die...hit that little star button at the bottom and add my book to your library.😊
ILY,
~Cris❤