Part 9- The Kiss

Jack's P.o.V

I was relieved when Annabeth said she had love lipstick because before that I was really disappointed. That hunter was like no other girl I had seen before. With her perfect smile and glistening eyes. Plus she was immortal which made her even more beautiful. I felt kind of sad  and jealous of Grover. His girlfriend kind of just died and then he got a fresh new one. Well not officially but you could tell he liked her. But anyway back to the hunter. Annabeth told us that her name was Alenna and her mum was Artemis so she was like me not meant to be alive. All in all I’d say we were perfect for each other. No the only solution was to get her to kiss me. With the lipstick or not I will not fail.

…some time later in the woods…..

‘Alenna listen to me ever since I met you I’ve liked you’

‘you only met me like one hour ago’ she said

‘that’s the point its true love don’t you think?’

‘no not real-‘

She was cut off there because right then I kissed her on the lips. A good one not some sort of fake one like you see in the movies a proper kiss.

We stayed there for a while and the best thing was she didn’t resist I cant be so sure but I think she liked it as much as I did.

When we finally released she smiled and said

‘I really do hate you now so don’t think I’ll be helping you’

‘well you didn’t resist, did you’

And then it was her turn to kiss me and it was as good as the first one no lipstick required. It was great really until she saw two bluish greenish beautiful eyes pop out of nowhere like the Cheshire cats eyes do when he’s invisible. And I suddenly knew it was Aphrodite. Great.

She came up and spoke to us (me in particular) and said

‘oh true love it just as romantic as Percebeth. Now I think you need to thank me for this.’

‘thankyou so much’ I said ‘and I have something of yours and I discreetly handed her the lipstick. And she disappeared.

Alenna kissed me on the cheek and said she had to return to the hunters which kind of made me disappointed.

‘will you see me again’ I asked

‘let the fates decide’ she said and she ran back to her hunting friends.

As I walked back Annabeth, Percy, Grover and Maia were smiling at me next Apollos mini bus and I knew they had seen the whole thing.

‘I think she likes me’ I said as we got a ride back to camp half blood.

‘Artemis never lets me flirt with the hunters’ Apollo said as he drove into some clouds.

‘yeah by the way where was Artemis this whole time?’ Grover asked

‘oh she’s off to hunt some sort of mystical moon stag very rare very precious’. Apollo said

And we landed on the soft green grass of half-blood hill.