Freedom

Bang! The sound of the gun shot made Serenity shot into a different mindset , the mindset of a flying eagle soaring through the sky . When she was running she felt like she was flying and no one could touch her . Of course when Victoria dug her heels into her side she was forced out of her fantasy . Serenity had to have the fastest time and the best score overall , if she did that then she could win and maybe just maybe she could have a good day . Suddenly a parallel oxer came into her view, they were decently difficult but she could handle most jumps . Serenity let our a low grunt and sucked in a breath as she jumped ............ Landed it , she always felt so much relief when she made it over one .

Once Serenity was finished with the course Victoria got off of her and held her black reins in her hand as she started walking her horse to the side lines . The purebred horse pointed my nose down as she walked , she knew she was a decent looking horse but the mare hated her legs . They had multiple scars all over them which her master just brushed off as 'dog attacks' . A dog would never do this to her . Serenity was a gentle horse so little kids always wanted to run up to her , she wished one would now since it would certainly brighten up her day . Serenity and Victoria stood on the sidelines with some of the other racers , waiting for the results . Most of the other horses were like Serenity, purebred but they were much more prideful than her . Once the last guy went Serenity sighed knowing it was over and they would announce the winner soon . She stayed still and listened to the judges .

" And the winner of this trophy and the Equestrian medal of fastest time is . Victoria Crow on her horse Serenity !" The big male called out . She relaxed and if she was human she would have cried happily . Victoria put on a fake smile and pulled her horse along with her as she walked to get her objects . Of course many people clapped and cheered for the popular duo who had won many many times before . Serenity didn't do much as she stood behind her master who took pictures with the judges and crowds , the mare looked around and noticed it was about time to head home . Good . Maybe she could lay down and have some oats to calm her nerves. After Victoria grabbed her reins again she knew it was time to go home , she walked quickly with the female and her long mane was decorated with sparky pink ribbons that Serenity herself hated . As the quick horse was getting into her trailer she felt her hoof slip and she made a loud noise . Victoria looked a little embarrassed so she tried to shove the horse into the trailer . People instantly started recording in case the horse went wild because let's be honest , that's what people do . A couple people went over to help Victoria when Serenity grunted and pushed against her Victoria smacked her side and an official held her back seeing the whole scene . After that Serenity just tied to get away , she thought that maybe this was her chance to finally be wild like she always wanted . But also that was not what fate had in store for Serenity .

The mare suddenly had a rope around her neck and men were gently pulling her into a different trailer , almost like they were prepared for this . She reluctantly got in but as soon as the steel door was closed behind her she laid down. The weight of her body of her legs hurt so much but she laid her head down and tried relaxing because she knew if she was retuned to Victoria it would not turn out well for her . Her mind started slipping and she drifted into a light sleep suddenly.