Chapter 4

Authors note: Hey ho! This is chapter four, um, I know there were a few problems with this chapter but I hope it’s all okay now! And I hope that you like it...

Enjoy!

***********************************

When most people enter Las Vegas they think that they’re entering one of the most popular cities in the United State of Nevada, but the truth is, they are entering a lot more than that. They are entering the world of gambling, shopping, and fine dining. They are now entering a twenty-four hour party.

People feel thrilled as they take in all that Vegas has to offer, the awe and pure astonishment cannot be kept out of your facial expression.

That’s exactly the feeling I get every time I enter Vegas, that feeling of excitement and wonder.

Everywhere you looked it was both blinding and jaw dropping, the fluorescent lights, the huge skyscrapers, the taxis and buses speeding along while the sound of chatter, laughter and car horns filled the air.

It was home.

There are a lot of reasons people come to Las Vegas.

Some people come because they want to get rich or because they want to gamble.

Some people come to get married.

Some are running away from something, whereas others are running towards something.

Almost everyone in Vegas wanted something, needed something.

Vegas was where Elliot, Jake, Aaron, Marcus and I grew up, and it was where we spent most of our time when we weren't....working.

I had always found Vegas a fascinating place, not because of the casinos or the clubs, but because of the people. Not the ordinary working class people, the criminals to be exact.

Las Vegas was a city of criminals, whether they were ordinary pick pockets or big time drug dealers, Vegas had them all. That was the biggest reason that I loved it, it was my home, my favourite place to be in. Sure, it wasn’t the worst place in America, of course there were scarier, possibly more thrilling places, but none of them were home.

Unlike most people, my favourite part of Vegas wasn’t the famous casinos and the drive through wedding chapels. Don’t get me wrong, two obviously drunk people deciding to get married while on a daytrip to a whole new place, and then waking up to find themselves married to a complete stranger was fun and all, but they were not the reason I loved Vegas.

I loved it because of the party's.

Not the ones that most people threw just to get hung over, no, I loved the Moreno party's.  

Vegas may be a twenty-four hour party but the Moreno parties were the wildest, craziest and best parties that had ever happened. Even our enemy's wouldn't miss them.

That is why I began jumping up and down in excitement when Jake announced that it was time for a party.

“We’re going to have a party?!”

“No we’re not! Marcus said shaking his head.

“Yeah we are!” Jake said.

"Party time!" I shouted in excitement.

"Whoa there Lil sis, slow down. Jake, do you really think this is a good time for a party?" Marcus said.

Jake looked at Marcus and shrugged, "Why not? Every day should be a party!"

"But a party...Don't you think we should-"

“Marcus, we need to have a party!” I said.

Marcus raised an eyebrow, “We need to?”