Life||27 years old (2/3)

Again... I really do apologise :(
Dan's POV
A pale skinned arm appeared where the window had smashed, which was followed by another, wielding a mallet. He was covered in small cuts by the time I'd helped him in.
"Phil!! Why the hell did you do that?? You could have fallen to your death!! We're five flights up!" I was mad at him, but also myself. I should have just let him in, or at least answered to him when he spoke to me. If he'd have died, it would have been my fault.

"Well, for all I knew, you could have been dead Daniel Howell, not answering when I spoke to you for three whole days!!" He was in tears, and I knew I'd messed up really bad.

"I'm sorry..." It was all I could say. He nodded in acknowledgment.

I sat him on the bed and started bandaging up his cuts. The last thing I wanted was for them to get infected. Neither of us spoke. He looked from the walls, to the bathroom, to the floor, then his eyes rested on me. A single tear trickled down his cheek.
"I'm-" I started to apologise.
"Dan. Don't." He spoke firmly, his tone offering no answer as to how he was feeling. He grabbed my arms and rolled up my sleeves. His face didn't flinch when he saw my arms, and I knew that he was expecting it.
"Not as bad as it could have been." He remarked, his voice still flat.

He checked over the rest of my body, acting like a medical professional, showing no emotion. He then went into the bathroom and took all the blades, putting them in his pocket. I tried to stop him, but he looked at me questioningly.
"Like you thought I was going to let you keep these." He almost scoffed.

Once he was satisfied that there was nothing he hadn't seen, his guard fell. Tears formed, clouding over his usually clear blue eyes.
"Why?" He managed to stutter out between sobs.
I explained it to him, before dissolving into tears myself, overrun by so many emotions.

He took my hands and looked me in the eyes, and even though we were the same age, I felt like a child.
"Baby,I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but you should've just told me."
I just nodded, before he pulled me into his chest. I was going to beat this illness for good.