Epilogue

Ten Years Later

Dear Holly,

Hey, baby girl. You have no idea how much I miss you. Your death was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. The world seemed to have stopped and everything was still as I mourned the death of the one person who'd been with me through everything. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't stare at the enlarged picture of you, Harold and me that Harold had put up by the staircase of our home. We moved back to New York three years ago, just a year after your death. I couldn't stand the pain of the memories that swept up into my mind every time I would pass the café we used to meet up at. I remember how much I would nag you about eating healthy and how you would pay me no mind. It was all too much for me to handle and thus, we had to move.

As for Harold and I, our love has grown more than I can put to words. He opened up another restaurant under your name and I'm glad to say that I'm a partner. We wanted to do something in memory of your beautiful soul and that was the best we could come up with. Holly's has been attracting so much attention lately, too, and it just brightens up my heart to know that something done in your memory is doing really well.

I also have some exciting news for you, darling: I'm pregnant; it's been two months!

I know, I know; I wasn't expecting it either. But as soon as I found out, I loved the human that was growing inside of me instantly, just as I had with you. No one could ever replace you, Holly. You have a special place in my heart and there's nothing that could be done to steal it from your grasp. Oh, how I wish you were here to help me with this. But what's done is done and there's nothing I could do but to accept the hand that I've been dealt. However, Harold is beyond excited to be a father and it's funny how jittery he is. It's like watching a kid in a candy store.

Anyways, your kids and grandkids are doing great. I've been checking up with them often to make sure that they weren't struggling. They've taken after your looks and a little bit of Adam's too. I hope you too are together along with your father. Say hi to them for me, dear.

I miss you all so much and I hope to be reunited with you someday. But until then, please know that I love you all with every part of me.

And I'll keep you in my heart until the day I take my last breath.

Love,

Adele

A/N: OH MY GOD

A/N: OH MY GOD. WE'RE DONE. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. Thank you to all those who stuck with this story until the bittersweet ending. I can't even move rn, because I'm in shock. I wrote the epilogue without thinking about how I would feel when I finally publish it. And I just can't right now. lol. Please let me know your final thoughts about this story down below. How did you feel reading this story? And how do you feel about the ending?

Also, I have posted a new story called We Don't Talk Anymore so if you can please check that out and add it to your library, it would mean so much to me that I can say. 

Thank you for all the success you've given this story. It may not be as much as other stories have, but it's more than enough for me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.