Chapter 21

"Alistair! Which design do you prefer? The pink one or the orange one?" Aria asked while holding the two dresses in her hands.

He examined both of them before reaching to a hasty decision and pointing at the second dress. "Definitely the orange one."

"Okay then." Just as Aria was about to turn, something caught her attention and she suddenly let out a gasp.

Her eyes averted towards the picture on Alistair's desk and she stepped towards it. "Isn't that Anora in this picture?"

Alistair smiled painfully before answering her vague question. "Yes, I took that picture on our first date. She looked so beautiful."

"You must be missing her." Aria held the picture to take a good look at it. This was the first time in her life she was seeing the person whose heart she now had.

"I do but ever since you started working in this company, I don't know, I feel as if I have been missing her less. You remind me of her a lot." Alistair confessed with a huge grin on his face.

She knew the exact reason for his confession but she kept it to herself. "I'm glad I can ease the pain." She flashed a quick smirk at him before rushing out of his office.

As soon as she reached her own office, she found a letter on her desk and she quickly opened it to view its contents, which deeply shocked her.

'I will make living hard for you. You will repay for what you have taken away from me, even if you have to repay for it with your own life.
-D'

Aria's shock wasn't long lived because she thought of Conor about who she was definite that he would protect her. Her hands tore the paper into tiny pieces and she tossed them out of the window with a mind full of happiness, and then she grabbed her files to make her way out of her office.

"Where do you think you are going?" Alistair grabbed her arm as she was on her way.

"Need to leave early, bossman. My boy is waiting for me." She giggled.

He nodded and gave her the permission to leave. However, he knew something was not right. Something was bothering him and he could not figure it out as he watched her walk away.

When arriving on the street, she searched for Conor but her search ended once she received a text message from him, saying that he was going to be really late. Thus, she made up her mind not to look for him and leave without him.

Her heels clopped down the densely populated street where people were busy with their own business, and she with her own. She was sure of the fact that with such a crowd, it would take her hours to leave so she took a shortcut, a small alleyway which was dark, quiet and narrow with not even a single breathing being. Her fearless soul continued to demand her to walk down the way and she did so until she felt a sharp pain stinging on her back.

Her body rotated and she saw her, she saw Dee, holding a dagger in her hand.

"I warned you, little girl." Dee's lips lifted up into an evil smirk, and behind her stood Erin who was supporting her actions.

She plunged the dagger into Aria's chest where Anora's heart was placed and she pulled it out. Three times did she repeat this horrendous deed, until finally Aria fell on the ground.

Her body was cold, her mind was felt heavy and her heart was slowly rotting. But she was glad that she heard the last few sentences of what happened next before she completely worn out.

"Aria!" Was a shout she heard in a manly voice. "You two! Stop right there! I'm calling the police!"