Hi, Emma~

Marinette stared blankly at the ceiling in the surgery room, half conscious. The doctor explained that she would have to have a surgery, and she agreed, not wanting to complicate things. Her back had been burning painfully until they put a numbing medicine and the pain disappeared.

She remembered her parents had come to visit her — they brought in flowers and baked goods, although she wasn't supposed to eat anything. But what broke her heart, is that Adrien had never stopped by.

But now, as the surgery began, Marinette heard rushed footsteps coming towards her and a firm hand grabbing hers. She forced her eyes to open and tears streamed down her cheeks when she saw Adrien looking genuinely at her.

"I forgive you," he whispered to her as she stared into his eyes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A piercing wail flooded through the room as the small and delicate baby was lifted out from behind the curtains with the umbilical cord trailing behind her. Adrien walked over to where the doctor stood and cut it off. The nurses quickly carried it away to clean it and then placed the baby on Marinette's chest. The mother sobbed with joy and Adrien felt tears rimming his eyes as he looked down at his wailing daughter, wrapped tightly in pink blankets.

"Hi, Emma," he whispered with pride.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Marinette lied down in the hospital bed, nursing her newborn daughter. Emma had been born five pounds, although that was expected since she was delivered earlier than she was supposed to. She cooed and hummed as she suckled the flowing milk, and her mother smiled down lovingly at her. She only wished that Adrien was here with her, but shortly after the C-section he had been excused to talk with Chloe. How strange . . . 

It was only down the hallway and in the lobby where Chloe and Adrien stood, bickering about the pregnancy problem.

"Chloe, we agreed on adoption," Adrien said for the last time.

"Yeah, and then I realized how unhappy that child's going to be, not knowing where its parents are for the rest of its life!"

"Until the baby's eighteen!"

"Ugh! How could you be so careless!"

"Listen, my daughter was just brought to the world forty five minutes ago and I only got to see her for a split second until you dragged me over here to talk about a minor problem right now!"

"Minor problem?! You think I wanted this to happen? No! And I'm not getting an abortion because that's just plain cruel! And I also know that I'm not giving it away because I know I'll regret it for the rest of my life." Chloe huffed and put her hands on her hips.

"You know what? Please. I need a moment with my family. With Marinette and Emma. So please, just ignore the big problem here for one moment." He sighed and walked down the hall.

"When are you going to tell Marinette?" Chloe shouted to him.

Adrien stopped in his tracks.

"When are you going to tell her that we slept together and then you got me pregnant?" she continued. "Are you planning on keeping it a secret forever?"

He turned around and faced her with watery eyes. "Sleeping with you was the biggest mistake of my life. And because now I know that I belong with Marinette and my daughter, I don't want to ruin how perfect things are now. So, I'm not going to tell her. I'm not going to break her heart."

Chloe growled in frustration and watched the father of her child walk away. She was so angry. How could he do this? She was pregnant and he decided to walk away from the problem? And the worst part - he wasn't even going to tell Marinette. He wasn't going to tell his wife that he had slept with her. Ugh, what was he thinking!

Chloe managed to pull a smirk on the side of her lips. Well, there was only one solution to that.

She would have to tell Marinette herself.

Hi!

How do you like the new cover that I made?😏👌 If you're looking for a new cover, I could definitely make you one in exchange for a shout out😉💕

Please vote and comment and have the most miraculous day!

~Laurel