Prologue

The fire warmed Alala's back as she grabbed the present from her mother. She gasped as she saw the jeweler's signature on top of the box and looked up at her parents, "It isn't." she began.

"Finish opening it first." her mother encouraged. Alala pushed up the lid of the baby blue rectangular box and revealed a oval shaped necklace. It had an silver outlining with multiple blue hues swirling in the middle and laying on black felt. She jumped out of her chair with the box still in her hands and bear hugged her parents, "thank you, thank you, thank you!" said giving them both a kiss on the cheek.

"Aw, it was nothing," her father said, "Your mother convinced me 15 was a mature age, I just paid the jeweler."

"Are you kidding me," Alala took the necklace out the box and felt the weight of it in her hand, "this is so not nothing. This is... this is saying I'm going to start officially training using my powers instead of doing boring textbook work, and-"

There was pounding on the door then Kelzon rushed in. "Lord Blayves, Queen Alina," he said bowing, "we are under siege of the Redrage's, and the entryway is almost breeched. I've come to deliver you to safety."

"You take my wife and daughter, I'll make sure the Redrage's get no further than they already are." The King stood and walked to the side of his bed and unsheath his sword hanging on the wall.

"Sir, as a royal advisor in training, I strongly encourage that you don't-"

"My orders have been said. There's nothing the Redrage's can do that we can't do back tenfold."

"Maybe that was true in the past, but the Redrage's have new weapons. They aim and pull a small lever and the things coming out the weapon are killing us all. They have the help of rebellious cyclops as well."

"How can I call myself 'King' when the minute my people needed help I ran? Take my wife and daughter to safety then come and help me finish this fight."

Kelzon did I final bow out of respect before leaving the room, Queen and Princess in tow. The trio ran through the castle, Kelzon leading them to safety, then Alina stopped. "Wait."

"Mom, what are you doing, we have to go?" A tear fell from Alala's eye, she knew exactly what her mother was doing. Kelzon stayed where he was with his head bowed.

"Alala... I love you so much." Alina started sobbing and pulled Alala into a hug. She uncurled Alala's fist and grabbed the necklace. it left an imprint on Alala's past. "Never lose this, this is everything, and you'll know everything when the time comes. Do you understand."

Unable to speak, Alala just nodded her head yes.

"Good. Go with Kelzon and I swear it, one day we will see each other again." They embraced each other before Alina turned and ran back the way they came."

"Princess, we don't have much time, we have to go." Kelzon said, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the end of the hall. "Chasta is waiting for you outside. I know you never finished learning how to properly ride her but it's out best chance to getting you to safety, and don't worry, she already knows where to take you."

"Thank you." Alala gave Kelzon a kiss on the cheek before walking out the door, leaving everything she knew behind.