A New Beginning

It was an average day. Mediocre. Plain. Not a day you’d call exciting. It was my first day of ninth grade. Most of the kids surrounding me were feeling the complete opposite. An exciting, fresh feeling overwhelmed their bodies. A new start, new school. An escape from their past. A chance at a new beginning.

Not for me. Sure, it was nice to leave behind the annoyance of elementary school. But I wasn’t freaking out like most of these pubescent preteens. 

I wandered around, tuning out the sounds of excited girls’ giggles. The sound of the ring signaled my time to head to language arts, my homeroom for the year.

.   .   .

I thanked God for the ending of first period. The highlight of the period had been getting caught talking to my friend Alex. 

I took a glance at my schedule. It stated that I had to go to math. I groaned. Off to  202 I went. 

I entered the classroom, not really paying attention. I took a seat at my desk and scanned the room. At the front I spotted a blonde who, then, I didn’t know would completely change my life. But like I said, then I didn’t know. I took a glance and looked away. Sure, she was pretty. Long dirty blonde hair. Pretty greenish brown and gold eyes. Nothing about her had really caught my eye. After an expected intro from my math teacher, it was just as I thought it would be like. A boring, damn math class.

.   .   .

I took a look around at what my new home would be for the next four years.

Sierra High School. A new chapter of my life. A chance at a new beginning. I took in a shaky breath, that also contained a new excitement.

The bell rang with the sound of a new year. I let out a happy sigh. 

“ I’ll see you guys on the bus,” I told my friends. I headed down to my science homeroom. 

.   .   .

I walked down the newly seeming bland hallway. I didn’t know why I had been so excited for the school year to start. Homeroom was pretty awkward due to the fact that almost all my friends had completely different schedules than mine, and I barely talked to anyone.

I pulled my schedule out of the smallest pocket in my backpack. I internally groaned. Math here I come. 

I nervously entered room 202. I tugged on the bottom of my shirt, and sat down in my assigned seat. My eyes shifted from one side of the room to the other. Of course, I had been thinking about the male population of Sierra. I checked out the boys of my classroom. I spotted a boy behind me. He had hair similar to mine. Dirty blonde and the prettiest eyes I had ever seen. A beautiful blue and sea green eye color, with a very handsome face. But at that time, I didn’t think much of him. He was just another boy in another one of my classes. I never knew how much he would change my life.

Hey guys! So this is a short intro to my story, and if you like it message me about it!